• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PRICE DROP...AGAIN! RM100 Lynchbox +2 modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TORMENT FAKTORY

Reaction score
Going with a different kind of amp these days, so the Lynchbox's gotta go I'm afraid. Has fresh JJ 6L6 tubes! Queensryche's autograph (signed in 2009, before the breakup) on the front face. Comes with 2 modules:

XMG
and a Blackface

I'm NOW only asking $650 + shipping for the head, $100 for the Blackface and $225 for the XMG.

Lynchboxwithmodules.jpg

100_3216.jpg

Bump + Will also part out.
Head without modules - Now only $700
blackface - $125
SL+ - $125
Ultra XL - $150
XMG - $200
Can be somewhat flexible on price if given the right offer

Well, my primary is going to be my Peavey 6505+. I'm adding a Mercury Magnetics transformer and some JJ power tubes to give it more bite. I'd like to find either another one of those and do the same to it or something comparable in the high gain area in a tube head that also has a nice clean channel. If I sell the Randall for close to my asking price I can do that and maybe still have enough for a nice analog chorus or reverb pedal. Just can't seem to quite dial in the tone I'm after out of the Randall. It sounds REALLY badass, and maybe I'm being a bit anal about my tone preferences, but I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of us here on this forum are guilty as charged on that level lol.

I hear ya, sometimes i feel like i can only et a tone i really like from one module I own. The others leave me feeling like the randall is just not quite there. It sounds great but just missing that something. I can describe it only as "flat" sometimes. It's odd but i hear it.

Kapo_Polenton said:
I hear ya, sometimes i feel like i can only et a tone i really like from one module I own. The others leave me feeling like the randall is just not quite there. It sounds great but just missing that something. I can describe it only as "flat" sometimes. It's odd but i hear it.

Interesting. I don't hear it with my current module stash but I also haven't moved any modules in a while because I have found what I like. I moved the ones I felt left me wanting more.

The flexibility with the modules and power tube configuration keeps me firmly grounded in my choice to stay. The easy self biasing ability is a huge plus for me.

My ears and style choices change and the RM's allow me to do that with a minimal amount of effort and cash. After the initial purchase and module swapping/modding of course.

Seems like depending on how I bias the tubes, I can get pretty **** aggressive tones. The 6L6's biased relatively hot, combined with the Ultra XL module provide a very nice modern metal tone. To me however, it's just not quite what I'm after. It's definitely aggressive enough, just not exactly the tone I'm looking for. My 6505+ really suprised me when I bought it. It was intended to be a backup for the Randall, but the high gain channel imediately impressed the hell out of me, and the amp almost instantly became my primary. I recently purchased an XMG with high expectations for it's use as a lead channel for the Randall, but again, it sounds really nice, but it just doesn't grab the grindy but tight and articulate tones that I'm after. I've no doubt that there is a tube biasing / module combination out there that I'd like, but I'm just tired of chasing after it and I think I know what I need in an amp now.

That's an amazing price man. Tell ya what...pull the ad and in Feb/Mar when my taxes come back ill be all over it! I'll even throw in an extra $BenJammin' for your time...lololol :wink: :lol:

god would i love just that head.. i have the RM100.. but i doubt youd want that..

Ultra XL and SL+ are SOLD! Thanks metalsoup for the quick payment! Head, Blackface, and XMG modules are still available!

Head (With no modules) $650 OBO
Blackface $100
XMG $225

I want this head.. but im waiting to find out what its going to cost me to fix my guitar.. it fell off the damned wall... UGH.
hey community.. if i buy this, who wants to buy my RM100 with no modules for close to this price?