Pulling power tubes of RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhrocker

Reaction score
If I wanted to pull 2 tubes out of the RM100 to get 50 Watts, which 2 would I pull? Inside pair, outside pair, left pair or right pair? Or does the master volume work just fine in lowering the volume?

Pull either the inside or outside pair. I do this in mine and and it work pretty well. The one thing you'll notice is that the tone is a bit more compressed which some guys do not like.

lhrocker said:
Thanx Rich - this will also change my output impedance, right? So will will and 8 become 16 or 4?

If you are using a 16Ohm Cab, you should set 8 on the head
If you are using a 8Ohm Cab, you should set 4 on the head

the ohms for cabinet, right?
but it will sound more compressed i read...
mmmmmmmmm.... :roll: :wink: is it good or bad?

I like it. The amp is a little smoother sounding more like you are running th amp full out. RD/Steve uses a Palmer DI so he can crank the hell out fo his amp to get the same effect and he loves his tone.

can i temporarily plug the head into the speaker of my 40W marshall dsl401 combo, setting the right impedence on the head and combo?can i just plug the head cable without powering on the combo?

last question, does the RM100M metal front grill fit on the RM100S front?or the S mask is glued instead of the screwed version of the M?
that's all for now :twisted:
thank you

Probably a really stupid question. I plan on doing this as well with my new RM100 and I am scared of screwing something up. "Inside" and "outside" are somewhat nonspecific terms. By "inside" do you mean the two tubes in the middle of the group and "outside" the two tubes farthest to each side?

Also I am going to use an 8 Ohm Hot Plate. Still turn the amp down to 4 Ohms?