REVEALED!! Mystery Module!! First one made!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SALVAGED

Reaction score
Hey guys & gal... I've got a new module that Rob made for me. I'm not telling you what it is yet... decided to have a little fun with it first. :)

Here's the signal chain:

Jackson KE2 with Duncan Blackout pickups (bridge used), MTS Mystery Module (in an RM4), Mesa 50/50 power amp (Mesa 6L6 tubes), WGS Reaper HP speaker (in a 4x12), Shure SM57 (2" away from the speaker front, pointing at the cone, just off the dust cap, JLM Audio mic preamp, Presonus Firstation converter...

The track is doubled & panned hard left & hard right... no EQ, compression, or effects. Kinda rough... but I can add more clips in a few days. :)

Now, before you start bowing down to the solo... that is NOT me (I can't play like that!!). My friend Ethan did the solo... I just did the rhythm guitars & assembled the EZDrummer track. Ethan used a Japanese Strat with Dimarzios, into a Marshall JMP-1, Marshall 9200, & Marshall 1960A.

So... what do ya think? yay or nay? Personally, I'm diggin the module, & anxious to play with it some more. :)

Here's the clip:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1206925

I could refer you a Dropbox account and get both of us an extra 250 MB of storage. PM if interested.

Try www.soundclick.com for the hosting issue and I can't wait to hear the mystery module.....I have a hunch what it might be. :wink:

Ok, got the clip posted... I will be making a couple more in a few days... Next time, I will try turning the amp up more, and turning down the mic pre (it was coloring a bit... grainy).

:shock:

WOW! Great clip and that lead made my eyes pop out of my head. I will bet that there is not a soul who will guess what this mod is.

I'm gonna go ahead and say, preamp clipping aside, that's the PV VIL. Tip being "It's the first one made"". Another being that signature beef that's always in the 5150 tone. They can be tweaked down to a more rock-like setting.

Killer tone either way :D

Shinozoku said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say, preamp clipping aside, that's the PV VIL. Tip being "It's the first one made"".

Nope! This is gonna be fun, when it's revealed... :lol:

SALVAGED said:
Shinozoku said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say, preamp clipping aside, that's the PV VIL. Tip being "It's the first one made"".

Nope! This is gonna be fun, when it's revealed... :lol:
Really? So I'm guessing it's not listed in your sig... made by JF.

He's mentioned having a E530 before and that he was gonna put it in a module form...

Shinozoku said:
Really? So I'm guessing it's not listed in your sig... made by JF.

He's mentioned having a E530 before and that he was gonna put it in a module form...

Nope, not in my sig yet... that would be too easy. :lol:

It's not the E530 either... although, his E530 used to be mine. That's probably the next module I'm having him build for me... just need more donors... 8)

Mattfig said:
Sammy Hagar red? :D

I suck at colors... I'm partially colorblind... especially with reds & greens... Christmas time is really tough on me... :lol: