RGT 100 Any info?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceshigh025

Reaction score
I have a RGT 100 tube combo that I picked up at guitar center for $300 a year and a half ago.
I can't find ANY information on this thing at all. I want to swap the tubes and I'm looking for any info I can get. Does anyone on here have one of these/know of where I can get some info?
It has an old Celestion G12H 100w speaker in it. Did this come in it stock?

Hello,

The preamp tubes are 12AX7s and the phase inverter is a 12AT7.

Output tubes are 6L6s.

Go for JJs. It'll warm up the amp significantly.

As well, if I'm not mistaken, the 4558 Op Amp inside, is part of the reverb circuit.

The speaker, G12H100 Celestion should be the stock speaker. 100 Watt amp, 100 Watt speaker. FYI, I run mine into a 4x12. Night and day over the combo enclosure. It has the power, and it sounds darn good this way!

Finally, this amp is a bit rare. Probably getting close to vintage/collectible if it isn't already. Nonetheless, if you chose to, you could replace the Output Transformer with a Mercury Magnetics O100JM-M output. This OT is designed for use with four 6L6 type tubes and has 4-8-16 ohm secondary taps vs. the stock 4 and 8 ohm and would allow just about any speaker configuration. It will significantly improve the overall tonal characteristics of the amp.

Oh! And, I have the schematic and the owner's manual in PDF format if you'd like.

Enjoy!

aceshigh025 said:
I have a RGT 100 tube combo that I picked up at guitar center for $300 a year and a half ago.
I can't find ANY information on this thing at all. I want to swap the tubes and I'm looking for any info I can get. Does anyone on here have one of these/know of where I can get some info?
It has an old Celestion G12H 100w speaker in it. Did this come in it stock?