RM 100C (combo) Amp to a Head.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ampoholic said:
Anyone know of a head shell that will take a RM 100C (Combo, tubes hanging) chassis? Basically to convert a combo to a head.

Why would you want to do that?? Just bring another cab along and plug it in into the extension jack in the back of the amp.

NgrungeBB91 said:
Ampoholic said:
Anyone know of a head shell that will take a RM 100C (Combo, tubes hanging) chassis? Basically to convert a combo to a head.

Why would you want to do that?? Just bring another cab along and plug it in into the extension jack in the back of the amp.

I'm thinking it might be a weight issue? I've heard those combos are a touch on the heavy side. :wink:

drewiv said:
NgrungeBB91 said:
Ampoholic said:

I'm thinking it might be a weight issue? I've heard those combos are a touch on the heavy side. :wink:

Lmao I know, as i have a RM100 myself. I just would think it would be less of a hassle doing the electronics and stuff. Unless if your an expert in that.

Simple, I like my amp plugged into my 412 w/Vintage 30s & G12T100s. This is how I play it most of the time. Occasionally as a 212 combo or with the combo & 412, but mostly just the 412 is plugged in. It only takes 5 minutes to pull the amp chassis out of the shell and stick it into a different shell.

I have swapped a RM50 combo into a head. I swapped the combo chassis with the head version. I would guess you could do the same.