RM100 vs Tremoverb. Round 2. Still no clips.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyeball987

Reaction score
Short version is that I like the RM100 better so far. Tighter and more clarity. To be fair, I have Marshall based mods in the RM100.

I bought a Tverb brand new in 1995. Had it for 5 years with the stock 6L6's. Switched to EL34's after the first year and loved it.

RM100 has Winged C 34's and EH6CA7's. Current Tverb has newer Mesa 6L6's and original 5U4 rectifier tubes from 1995. Cabs were a 1960A with V30's and ET65's and an Egnater TM 2X12 with Eminence V12's.

I plan on ordering new rectifier tubes and EL34's to try in the Tverb before I make a more solid decision on what works best for me these days.

I loved my Dual Recto with EL34s....either EH or JJ E34L type...

I had three or four revisions of the Dual Recto and T'Verb Combo at one point :)

Sold my Rectos the second time around with the MTS amps...I kinda don't miss 'em.

Played Triple Rectos for years (endorsed too) and LOVED the chunk but could never get a good lead tone out of those things. Probably the loudest amps I've ever heard though and lived in the Orange channel mostly...I used 6l6's most of the time. Old guitarist was playing the Rectos, I showed up with RM100's...after about a month, they sold their Triple Rectos and bought an MTS set up. Speaks for itself. Marshall type tones are my preference and probably has a bit to do with the choices here too.

Just added Ruby EL34BTSR's and NOS Jan 5U4GB's to the Tverb. I have not opened it up yet but....I still like the RM better.

I just can't remember how to dial in the Tverb. On the RM I keep everything at noon and then just move a few things up or down to taste. On the Tverb I have the bass on zero! It turns into buzz city once the treble gets up over noon and the articulation is crap.

Maybe I need to try the 5751 in the PI trick?