RM100 wont turn on

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanlamb

Reaction score
Don't say it, yes it was plugged in.

It worked one night in my bedroom, sounded great. Didn't move it, or even unplug it, just shut it off.
Two nights later it won't even power up. I was out the night in between but I was told we had some lightning strikes nearby. The amp was off but still plugged in.

There are two 15amp power strips attached to my rig, and neither of them had tripped. Additional equipment is plugged into the same power strips and still power on and function normally.

I tried plugging the amp directly into the wall with two different power cables.

Its not just the led failing because the fan doesn't even turn on.

None of the fuses or tubes look any different.

Please help me, I have a session booked for next weekend that I need this thing for.

Thanks a heap,
Evan Lamb

i had a similar issue with mine except my preamp section was fine, it was just the power section and the fan that wouldn't kick on.

it ended up being an internal fuse that was blown- i 'm not sure which one though. do you have a randall authorized repair shop near you? it was covered by warranty and I had it back the next day.

Rok,

It sounds like the heater fuses to the power tubes may have blown. If you can remove the bottom screws and carefully slide the chassis out, there are 2 small fuses right together(same size as the tube bias fuses) on the large main board right behind the small MIDI board. If these fuses blow the amp will still light up, but the power tubes will not. There are current 8A fuses (5mm X 20mm), but you can increase the value to 10A or 12A, so it doesn't happen again. You should be able to get these at Radio Shack, but we can send them to you on Monday if needed.

Let me know if you want us to send them out.
Thanks!

Upon further inspection I found this quote from RD/MAN (doug reynolds). That's precisely what happened to mine

thanks for the replies. I dropped it off at the liscensed guys closest to me and I'll keep you guys informed as to what they say.

Thanks again,
Evan Lamb

thanks again for the help everyone. Fuse my the midi jacks blew, had it back in less than 24 hours.

Thanks again,
Evan Lamb

thanks again for the help everyone. Fuse my the midi jacks blew, had it back in less than 24 hours.

Thanks again,
Evan Lamb
what was the price sorry something similar happen to my rh100 plug it in everything fin and then it turn off

Latest posts