RM50 Master Volume?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I have an RM50 and I find the boost function great for adding just enough boost to bring leads out front. Instead of using a volume pedal, though, I just added a 250 Meg ohm audio taper pot (pretty much all volme pedal are anyway) to a footswitch so that I can dial in the amount of boost I want (say 6dB) and then just hit my switch for the boost. I use a 2-button footswitch - one button for channel switching the other for boost. Works great for me!! Dave

Actually, what I meant in my last post was to say a 250K pot not 250M! Sorry for the glitch. Anyway, I'll take this opportunity to also mention that when connecting to the volume boost 0 ohms gives no boost and 250K gives maximum boost, so if using a footswitch like I mentioned above, the pot needs to be wired in parallel with the switch. I could make a schemaitic if anyone is interested. --Dave

Care to go into detail? Or better yet do you have a wiring diagram or some pictures on how to do that. I'd love to have one.

Sure, I'd be happy to provide more information about the "footswitch boost" modification. I'm happy to send pictures, schematic, etc. Please PM me with your email and I'll send stuff along. --Dave