Salvation ANGEL mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
m0jo said:
JKD said:
The Angel I think just became my favourite modern high gainer....still think there might be something wrong with teh noise gate on mine..changes the sound way too much when it's on and doesn't really work well in low gain mode either :-/
The gate on my Sloogie only changes the sound noticably when gain is under 12 o clock... when you don't need it.
Complaining about that is just trying to find a problem that isn't there IMO.

This is a good point...thanks! :)

JKD said:
m0jo said:
JKD said:
The Angel I think just became my favourite modern high gainer....still think there might be something wrong with teh noise gate on mine..changes the sound way too much when it's on and doesn't really work well in low gain mode either :-/
The gate on my Sloogie only changes the sound noticably when gain is under 12 o clock... when you don't need it.
Complaining about that is just trying to find a problem that isn't there IMO.

This is a good point...thanks! :)
No problem ;)

I don't know if these mods burn in over time and the tone changes, or my ears start becoming accustomed to the tones- but this Angel seems to be getting better every day! I had the same experience with my Orange mod- at first it sounded like I needed to turn the treble down below noon. But now I can find superior tones all over the hi eq spectrum, and usually reside around 1:30 on the treble

The Angel I always loved for the lead tones, but now it is beginning to take over on hi gain rhythm. Definitely on my darker EpiGoth7 it makes the axe come alive. I was using the Mamba all the time in this role, but I'm feeling the need to make music that is less scary to the masses (the Mamba sounds violently aggressive!)

I toyed with dealing the Angel off, I was going to use the Orange for my new Modern Rock tunes. But this Angel has inspired 3 new tunes in the last day.

I've been selling many things trying to simoultaneously pay bills and buy a new axe....

Bottom line: the Angel is cemented into my rm100; adios rt250 & 6176!

crankyrayhanky said:
I don't know if these mods burn in over time and the tone changes, or my ears start becoming accustomed to the tones- but this Angel seems to be getting better every day! I had the same experience with my Orange mod- at first it sounded like I needed to turn the treble down below noon. But now I can find superior tones all over the hi eq spectrum, and usually reside around 1:30 on the treble

The Angel I always loved for the lead tones, but now it is beginning to take over on hi gain rhythm. Definitely on my darker EpiGoth7 it makes the axe come alive. I was using the Mamba all the time in this role, but I'm feeling the need to make music that is less scary to the masses (the Mamba sounds violently aggressive!)

I toyed with dealing the Angel off, I was going to use the Orange for my new Modern Rock tunes. But this Angel has inspired 3 new tunes in the last day.

I've been selling many things trying to simoultaneously pay bills and buy a new axe....

Bottom line: the Angel is cemented into my rm100; adios rt250 & 6176!
I've heard some rumours of this, about caps changing as they got older..

Either way, I think I know what you mean, the Sloogie and Twinface were very awesome right away, but are just getting more and more awesome.
I thought it was more in that I was learning how to dail them in just right and getting the interaction with the guitar right..

...and now I've put together my Angel> rm50 (el34s) & Stonerverb>rm100 (6L6s)

Good God, I forgot how awesome it was to have 2 rigs running at the same time! Some mods don't match well, but in this case it is a perfect hard rock metal tonemachine

crankyrayhanky said:
...and now I've put together my Angel> rm50 (el34s) & Stonerverb>rm100 (6L6s)

Good God, I forgot how awesome it was to have 2 rigs running at the same time! Some mods don't match well, but in this case it is a perfect hard rock metal tonemachine

Interesting....I always thought the Stoner took on a different life thru 6L6s and while not very Orange-sounding, it was wicked...I'd love to hear both those rigs in tandem!

BTW, is Angel still #1 for you? More than Mamba?