Salvation ANGEL mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally I have my Red Angel, and new feature mid edge is good and make Contour switch more benefical.
One combination reminds me Pantera - Mouth Of War sound :)
And It has huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......uuuuuge amount of gain (but still usable)

bansheeburner said:
Got any clips?
As you wish my lord.... :)
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9346495

showing of features
0:00 - everything at noon, no features
0:10 - Mid Edge
0:20 - Contour
0:30 - Contour+Mid Edge
0:40 - Contour+Mid Edge+Balls
0:55 - Contour+Mid Edge - Gain Max
1:07 - Contour+Mid Edge - Gain Max+NoiseGate

crankyrayhanky said:
I used to own the Angel and miss it...now I may have to get one with Balls and mid edge

Ray,

I think I just bought your old Angel from Mattfig. Did it have a black faceplate? On the bottom of the module, it has the name of Ray.

Great sounding module.

84Strat said:
crankyrayhanky said:
I used to own the Angel and miss it...now I may have to get one with Balls and mid edge

Ray,

I think I just bought your old Angel from Mattfig. Did it have a black faceplate? On the bottom of the module, it has the name of Ray.

Great sounding module.

no I had a white faceplate. Funny thing is, I just ordered another one!

Custom Angel for Ray:
Custom_Angel.JPG

The Angel I think just became my favourite modern high gainer....still think there might be something wrong with teh noise gate on mine..changes the sound way too much when it's on and doesn't really work well in low gain mode either :-/

Why would you use a gate in low gain mode? I can't imagine any positives as there shouldn't be a feedback/squeal issue, and the notes would just cut off too soon.

I usually don't even use my gates (ISP, Salvo built in). They work well, but if you get the room to volume ratio right, you can get gobs of gain without the need for a gate. It is nice to have it when need be though

JKD said:
The Angel I think just became my favourite modern high gainer....still think there might be something wrong with teh noise gate on mine..changes the sound way too much when it's on and doesn't really work well in low gain mode either :-/
The gate on my Sloogie only changes the sound noticably when gain is under 12 o clock... when you don't need it.
Complaining about that is just trying to find a problem that isn't there IMO.