Salvation ANGEL mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived today.....first impression: Awesome! This may be my favorite of Salvation's work....more later, must jam

crankyrayhanky said:
Arrived today.....first impression: Awesome! This may be my favorite of Salvation's work....more later, must jam

Hell yes! :twisted:

Dibs ;)

alaskaehlers said:
Do you have a closer pic of this mod...looks like it has some other features.

alaskaehlers

angel_t_front.JPG

Yes, it is TIGHT switch.
This is full version of Angel, called ANGEL+T
("+" means it have lower gain channel, "T" means it have Tight switch)

I think i'm definitely gona get this mod. The other guitarist in my band has just bought and Engl Powerball and it sounds excatly like the tone i want! Can this mod get close to a powerball tone? Can an XTC be modded into this?

Chak_wylde said:
I think i'm definitely gona get this mod. The other guitarist in my band has just bought and Engl Powerball and it sounds excatly like the tone i want! Can this mod get close to a powerball tone? Can an XTC be modded into this?

I can build it closer to Powerball.
XTC can be used.

Anthony

Full loaded Angel with brand new feature: MID EDGE borrowed from E570.

Angel_Customized.JPG

Customized ANGEL "SHRED" was made directly according special wishes of customer. "SHAPE" is Contour toggle and "SHIFT" is Mid Edge toggle.
angel_shred.JPG

about MID EDGE from E570 user manual:
This sound-shaping tool addresses midrange frequencies by slightly lowering the Mid knob's frequency spectrum.
Like Contour control, Mid Edge is a passive voicing feature. Consequently, its effect on the soundscape is rather subtle.
Technically speaking, it actually re-voices the Mid knob.
Activating MID EDGE smoothes out lead tones' rough edges.
Deactivating Mid Edge and Contour thins out the lead tones' midrange, creating a more brittle tone.
This brand of tone is better suited for rhythm work because it is not as aggressive or overly assertive.
Different combinations of Mid Edge and Contour yield four additional tonal variants

So I'm the owner of the black angel .. my two cents (and apologies for the bad grammar) :

It sounds like my SL2X channel B with more gain, more presence in the very top-end, less honky, boxy mids.. the low-end is tight as hell, the tight switch allowing to crank both gain and bass pots while playing fast yet clear. Plus the module is pretty **** quiet with that switch active. Not to mention the mid-edge switch, which smooths the high notes and helps to cut through the mix (even more). At last the contour switch is interesting if you wanna suck a lot of mids, but I found the mid pot very versatile, as it is.

only for showing abillity of ANGEL mod, something different.... only very fast small test of german way :)
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8875383

"Angel"?

This thing is a Monster!

Got mine in the "Shred" colors, but with the Angel lettering

Grabbed my Jackson RR1 (Duncan Jazz/Dimarzio Super 3) and started in low gain with dials at noon, all features off, contour down

By the time I had the (Low)gain at max I was slightly beyond an SL+' 12 o'clock position
What differed was the fact I had clarity AND body, on the SL+ I have to trade one for the other
(where SL+ if I'm not carefull quickly turns 'body' into 'Mud' and 'clarity' into 'Icepick')

After I reset all dials and switches back to where I started before, I made a mistake that'll keep me in grouptherapy for a year

...I switched it to High gain....

"Hello, my name is Nightdare,... and my ears have been raped by an angel!" "...and I liked it,..." "...and want more!"

For the rest I can only agree with what thewholeofsound already stated
(Though I'm only familiar with the youtube vid of the SL2X)

The Mid edge is the "Save me" switch, whenever you are losing yourself in the mix
flip it and it pronounces somewhat the same character which my ultra lead unfortunatly has too much of

What I did try a little later was to get a good clean tone out of it:
Low gain, gain at 10 o'clock on the neck pup with the guitar turned down can get you a decent one but not on Blackface level

All in all great work by Anthony

New custom Angel:

red_angel.JPG

?BALLS? is new feature developed directly for my Salvation mate Hyenik.
In upper position it is basic Angel mod as you know it.
In lower position tone gets thicker and meatier, but still concrete.
Voicing and colour of tone stays the same as before.
"BALLS" switch changes circuit to be have more power and balls than basic Angel. Also it changes attack.
Lower position of switch changes circuit - it is inspired by Engl Powerball hi gain channel.

**This is not switch for complete powerball sound!
This thing slightly changes circuit to be closer to Powerball**