salvation mods - website updated

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony is really easy to deal with. Just send him a PM and he will send detailed instructions and a price sheet.

You basically ship the modules to him (in CZ republic), he does the work, you pay via Paypal, he sends them back, you rock most righteously. Very easy. He also has a box in CA if you are uneasy about customs and such. They'll do all that for you in CA. And he is super honest and really cool. The more forthcoming you are with him the better he can help you.

Peace, Joshua

I actually just pm him a couple of days ago to see if he could do a mod for me, and he replied right away and was very eager to help me get what I wanted.. Now im just waiting for him to tell me where to ship it and the fun can begin!!!

I would have to say the "dirt phish" is the Bogner fish module tweaked to sound like AIC Facelift/Dirt albums. I call it the Cantrell mod.

This is the module that Anthony was working on for me. :D As soon as I get back up to Alaska I will be sending him a module, and getting one.

The Facelift(we die young), and Dirt albums have some of the sickest guitar tone of all time IMO. :twisted:

Brian(alaskaehlers)

The Hellraiser, for as far as I know, is an original design by Anthony.
How far it is in development I don't know to be honest.

There might be something else coming up though .. maybe.. :wink:

I own the REALLY awesome white Mamba since two weeks now and can say that it totally shifts my sound on a new level ;-)
I just wanted to say thanks from here to Anthony again (we already pm'd..) cause he really is a cool guy and everything went really nice with him and his work.
Thx dude!
Salvation mods are really fine and quality products, a friend of mine has the Angel "Rob" and that one is killer too!

cheers Olli

self.-one, how does the new "Punch" switch sound on your Mamba?

the new punch is a really cool thing, it makes the sound more brilliant and clearer even with high distortion. the difference is not so obvious to hear as the notch switch but it shifts the sound effectively. haven't used it for mixes so far cause i have that thang just 2 weeks now but i'm totally satisfied with it!
cheers olli

some pics
DSC01001.JPG

Nightdare said:
salvation said:
some pics

don't let Dave Friedman see that Marsha - II faceplate

You are right. Photo of custom Mash-All is removed.
This was a private custom module for a customer, and it was never meant to be publicized like that.
Respect to Dave Friedman.

Anthony

I don't get it.... pedal builders all copy the TS808 and have no problem doing so... but if someone does something remotely similar to another module... it's taboo.

And no discussion on homemade mods is a strange concept to me. It is not going to put the modders out of business. Most people don't know which end of a soldering iron to hold. Generally the musician community is a freely sharing one.... but this one? I think the additude needs to change.

Vince...

Dave Friedman has an amp called the Marsha...the Marsha-II, although clearly designed to be a look-alike for Marshall is a bit close to Marsha.

Would Dave do anything about it? Dunno....but it's surely best to avoid the confusion of someone thinking the two are related. Perhaps the original post could have been better expressed.

Seemed reasonable to me. :?

Sorry... I thought that was the Mash-All ... I am fairly new to allot of this so I am still learning and ask questions and get flamed. All this secrecy is new to me too. You veterans expect newbies to know all this stuff when there is no explaination. Kind of a tough way to find out about how all this stuff fits together.

I wasn't trying to ruffle anyones feathers so if I did... sorry.

Vince said:
Sorry... I thought that was the Mash-All ... I am fairly new to allot of this so I am still learning and ask questions and get flamed. All this secrecy is new to me too. You veterans expect newbies to know all this stuff when there is no explaination. Kind of a tough way to find out about how all this stuff fits together.

No worries...I dunno about expecting n00bs to know stuff but I do know that the search function on this forum doesn't work too well in that regard....

There's a few of us who spend a lot of time answering Qs (I have a mostly boring job .. LOL).....fortunately I've had an MTS for a long time and can answer tons of basic stuff...unfortunately I don't have much tube electronics knowledge beyond the basics so I buy a lot of modules :)

Here's the deal. I had a business going at one time. I hired a graphics designer to make a logo. It looked good to me. However, not to my knowledge, it was almost a copy of another work of art. I got sued and went out of business. I'm a bit sensitive to this stuff. You want to one-off something as a special for yourself, fine. For sale, it's a no no.

Vince said:

It's okay to ask questions like you do, we all need to learn, but I think it's in the tone that you sometimes use..
That was also the reason it got rather heated in the Egnater topic ;) The sarcastic reaction doesn't help either.
I don't see any flaming going on.

I don't mean to insult you or anything, see it as constructive criticism.
There's no taboo on publicising any mods, you might have noticed Anthony posted something a while ago on increasing gain.

The reason people like Anthony, JF and Gigmods will not post entire walkthroughs is because it will cut into their business.
Also there's a quite big topic going on on the XTC module mods. :)

The main reason for the general absense of topics on it is because the main mods are known (tightness and clean).
Any other things require an understanding of the complete circuit and soldering skills.
People will easily screw up their entire module as any of the modders will tell you, they've been repairing a lot of hack jobs.