• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Planet Waves Auto-trim locking tuners (3+3) New

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowardm

Reaction score
SOLD!

Planet Waves Auto-Trim Tuning Machines (3+3, chrome) - New $50 shipped

Info:
These have never been used and come with original box and original parts. They are chrome and for headstocks that have tuners with 3 on each side (as opposed to the Fender-style 6 in a line). They are locking and also have a feature that automatically trims excess string. In my opinion these are the best in the industry.

Quick specs:
Locking
Auto-trim
Set of 6 (3left/3right)
18:1 gear ratio
Chrome
About 10mm (13/32) diameter

FAQ
What Does Locking Mean?
No more winding! You put the string in the hole and lock it down with the knob in the back.
This means quicker string changes.
Without the excess string around the post you'll stay in tune better

What does Auto-Trim Mean?
This is Planet Waves' technology that automatically trims the excess string.
This makes string changes faster and more convenient.
No more wire cutters.

What does 18:1 Gear Ratio Mean?
18:1 is the professional ratio for accurate tuning.

Will it Fit My Guitar?
I ordered them for my acoustic at $60 (+shipping) and they simply didn't fit the peg-holes and they don't match my other guitars (in color), so I'm selling them. That said you'll want to make sure that these will fit your headstock or that you're okay with a little extra work to install them (recommended only with experienced guitar techs). These are about 10mm (13/32) in diameter and in my experience replace most traditional tuners (like standard Grovers on a Les Paul), but I can't guarantee they will fit your guitar. Use Stewart-MacDonald's website to make sure they will fit. Simply find your tuner and make sure it has close to a 10mm (13/32) diameter: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners.html
The worry should be that your hole is too small, and seldom could it be too big.

Buyer has 72 hours to contact me about a return only if a problem occurs (I will not take returns if these do not fit your guitar). I ship to lower 48 only with insurance (UPS, USPS, or FedEx) within 2 business days. PayPal only. Free shipping.

001rev.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg