Some cap and resistor info..

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i like it. It's very cool, the things that i do now is only because i want to what can be possible or how it changes the sound.

Where i can find mullard, but i heard that those have the same effect,
Thanks for all.

http://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/product_info.php/info/p414_Mallory-150-s-0-047--F---630-VDC.html

Some people say that, but it is bullshit!!! Mallory suck, thats it.
The best replicas you can get in europe are from www.tubeampdoctor.de TAD mustards are not as good as the original mullards but I guess you can put them in for test. The closest ones to the original is Sozos (vintage plus),but then you have to deal with overseas shipping and stuff. So, either go for OD on all the positions or get TAD's mustard caps.

///G

I think they take all of the organic tone out of the circuit, they sound harsh to me. But please let me make clear that they are still better than the original caps in the modules. They are good for HiFi circuits though.
Its all about taste, but they are not even similar tonewise to the real mustard caps that some people claims.
///G

Hey gee!!

I made a picture of my wiring system that i believe it is ok, but i don't know about the values can i take the values on the picture or do i have to take other values because of parallel seriell switching.

The picture:
http://www.bilderhoster.at/files/cwb2JaSMlp6o.php

then the switch that i thought it would fit. www.conrad.at
701159 - 62

Your swich is ok, but watch out for the values!
You will have C3 activated constantly (0.0022uF), no matter what pos your switch is in.

So you swich will give you:
First position you'll have 0.0069uF (0.0022+0.0047)
Second 0.0022uF
Third 0.0032uF (0.0022 + 0.001)

So it looks like your values are way off.

You can do it this way
Put a 0.001uF in c3,
Put a 0.001uF in one side of your switch (0.002uF)
Put a 0.0033uF in the other side of the switch (0.0043uF)
///G

Oh very good this is that i want to know. Ok i do it with th values you writed and my switch.

Thank you

Gee Donner said:
I think they take all of the organic tone out of the circuit, they sound harsh to me. But please let me make clear that they are still better than the original caps in the modules. They are good for HiFi circuits though.
Its all about taste, but they are not even similar tonewise to the real mustard caps that some people claims.
///G

Well yeah, it's all about taste and what givs you the tone you're looking for. Gotta disagree with you about the mallories. I will state that I could hear no major differenoce between mallories and sozos. (yes, the sozo 'standard' cap that they had as their only product for awhile. The one that they said blew away all other caps until they came out with their BOUTIQUE handmade cap line afterward that blew away all other caps including those blowing away sozo caps.)

Pete