SYN-2 to SYN-5050 questions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdc1

Reaction score
Hi, have a few questions about the setup and configuration for this. I would like to run in 2 modes 1) XLR DI output to my DAW and 2) SYN-5050 mode to a single cab up to max wattage possible (100w?)

For configuration 1 (XLR DI output) . Do I need to power off the SYN-5050 if configured up like page 9 (Connecting SYN-2 to Rack Mount Power AMP) or unplug cables, etc. Also, which of the XLR DI jacks should be used as there are 2 (Left and Right) ? The Left and Right is throwing me off in the docs and not sure what this really means (same mono signal with correct phasing or stereo signal).

For configuration 2 (SYN-5050 powered). I am not using two (2) speaker outputs but actually one (1) to a 4/12 cabinet. This is actually behind an amp switcher. I do see the mono switch and the "use this first" jack, so that makes sense, however; I am curious what is up with both the left and right cables again coming from the SYN-2 as this complicates my amp switcher setup. Or do I just use the right Main out to Chan A (mono), set to mono, and put the speaker cable in the use this first jack?

I also have a SYN-1 that I use for on the run situations and curious if this can be integrated into the above.

Mark C

For config 1: There's no good reason to power up the 5050 if you are going direct and using the outputs on the SYN2. It'll just age the power tubes quicker. In general, I use 'left' ins/outs when going mono.

For config 2: I actually have a syn5050 in amp switcher setup, also. There's no need for any stereo connections. I just run it pure mono and you will see the 'bridged' light on it when you run the power amp. Use the 'use first' output only. Set the output ohms based on the row for bridged mode. I use only one output from the Syn2 into the power amp.

Latest posts