Tips on disassembly and heat circuit fuse

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornat

Reaction score
So my amp stopped working...again. After getting it "fixed" already. Before, my power supply fuse went, now it seems I have a heat circuit fuse that went out. My amp turns on but the power tubes aren't getting anything. Fellow user, Corium_AZ, has informed me it's most likely the heat circuit fuse as he's seen it before.

BUT

That's all fine and dandy. Except I have no idea how to take this **** thing apart to be able to check it. I've taken off the front grille, the rear bar, and the screws on the bottom of the head. I took all the modules out too. Anyone now how to take this apart?

I mean, I know ya'll do. But care to explain it to me? This is the first time I've ever taken an amp apart and I'd appreciate some tips. Or directions.

Perhaps a video...

You just need to pull the amp out of the cabinet. It'll probably be quite well stuck even with the screws removed.

Yeah, it's pretty tight in the cabinet. Lots of very small back and forth movements.

Clearly I'm a **** idiot. I missed four screws. Yanked on that thing for close to an hour before I realized.

So I found what may have been the culprit. Can't post pictures from my phone so I'll link some photos I just added to Facebook.

That look like a blown fuse to ya'll?

https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-0/10365792_10152188679377825_7980088961090490615_n.jpg

It was right here. Next to the other one

https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t1.0-0/10347247_10152188679522825_670322132283315007_n.jpg

Cant tell from the pics really. You need to look at the filament inside the fuse - the little tiny silver wire going from one side to the other - if that looks like it's in-tact, then the fuse is fine. If it's broken somewhere (usually accompanied by some soot (black stuff from burning) on the inside of the glass), then it's bad and needs replacing...

....and the only way to be truly sure is with a continuity meter of some sort.

Welp.

I found 7 fuses. Took em all out, checked them with a meter, and they were all fine. Put everything back together and somehow it works now. Dunno what I did but it's playing "fine" now haha. Thinking maybe something got jostled in transit.