TreadPlate sample

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New song time. I've spent most of the time trying out different speaker simulation, mainly impulse responses. I have mixed feelings about them right now and I'm not sure I like them.

This track, I used a TreadPlate (Grail specs), TS9 (808 mod) and a Diezel 4x12 IR for the speaker. Beware, these are just scratch tracks, but I thought I'd give another sample of a simulated speaker.

Song is called Prisoner.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=754138&content=music

Sounds great! Has a little bit of a Dream Theater/Mark IV tone going on. I like it!

Sounds flippin wicked man. Your a master at that EZDrummer **** for sure, I have a ways to go I guess LOL. HOHUM!

Im embarassed of my clips now LOL hahahaha.

droptrd said:
Sounds great! Has a little bit of a Dream Theater/Mark IV tone going on. I like it!
It's a bit looster than the Mark IV tone, more in between that and the RK sounds. Still awesome though :)

congrats Scott,
Your clips are better and better. Simply, IR is the way :)
Remind me VH4, don?t know if only placebo efect, when I read which impuls you use.....
Only thing which can be better is snare (more humanization? or changing samples?) but I know very good, that this is the main problem :) But with better snare (more real, not sounds like - "sample, sample, sample...") can be use for more than only soundclips.....

Ha! I forgot I posted this clip. I redid it shortly afterward.

Settings were (by memory): Gain-6, Bass-7, Middle-5, Treble-7, Level-7. These are approximates. Keep in mind, too, TS9 (808mod), and speaker simulation, which was a Diezel 4x12.

I think the snare is the hardest part for me right now because of it's tone. It's not very dynamic compared to the rest of the kit. I also haven't edited it much for "humanization" other than velocity. All in all, I haven't processed the drums much, other than some 'verb.

Thanks everyone for the positive responses! I'm going to repost the same song with new tracks, I redid with my SL+.