Twinface finally arrived! Detailed comparision :(

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AdInfinitum said:
Just got my Twinface from Mattfig on Saturday. When combined with a Tube Driver, it gets the absolutely warmest violin sustain type tone I have ever heard. I'm not a Eric Johnson fan per se or know whether this nails his tone, all I know that this is a tone I've been searching for for a long long time.

Cool....Glad it arrived safely and you dig it....Thanks for a great transaction....

Daryl said:
I got a Blackface that was modded by Pete@Gigmods and it is the best clean tone that I have ever had the pleasure of playing.
+1
Although I don't have the Deluxe switch....

Jerome Allen said:
Maybe this idea of "my tone is better than your tone" really doesn't mean much when it comes down to making great music.

"Great tone" is just as subjective as "Great music".

Jerome Allen said:
Well, I think we've learned a few things :

1 : everybody has his/her own tastes when it comes to tones.

2. That Salvation cares about making the customer happy.

3. That stock modules, like the Blackface, do indeed have some good tones in them...according to some people (I'm included in this group).

This talk about useless or bad tubes is pretty ridiculous. Bogner, and this was confirmed by Charlie at Bogner, recommends using cheap chinese tubes in all pre-amp positions in my Ecstasy. Who in the world would put a cheap $8 tube in a $3000+ amp? ME..the guy who thinks this mother sounds wicked that way. But don't take my word for it...go ask the best guitarists in the world (Vai, Satch, and others) who've used the Ecstasy if these chinese tubes are the right choice.

In my SLO100...another $3000+ amp...the best tube for me is a JJ in V1. It smoothed out and rounded out the tone on the OD nicely. I tried a "high end" Tung Sol and it sucked major balls (my opinion)...made the amp sound VERY brittle. JJ's worked best for me...better then Tung Sol, RFT, Tungsram, EH, JAN, and others.

Call me crazy, but am I the only one who's noticed that nobody (as far as I know) has asked for a module that will make them sound like Vai or Satriani? And yet, these 2 guys are probably the most revered guitarists in the world. Maybe this idea of "my tone is better than your tone" really doesn't mean much when it comes down to making great music.

Totally agree. It seems you are reading my thoughts.
thanks.

Anthony

Jerome Allen said:
Well, I think we've learned a few things :

1 : everybody has his/her own tastes when it comes to tones.

2. That Salvation cares about making the customer happy.

3. That stock modules, like the Blackface, do indeed have some good tones in them...according to some people (I'm included in this group).

This talk about useless or bad tubes is pretty ridiculous. Bogner, and this was confirmed by Charlie at Bogner, recommends using cheap chinese tubes in all pre-amp positions in my Ecstasy. Who in the world would put a cheap $8 tube in a $3000+ amp? ME..the guy who thinks this mother sounds wicked that way. But don't take my word for it...go ask the best guitarists in the world (Vai, Satch, and others) who've used the Ecstasy if these chinese tubes are the right choice.

In my SLO100...another $3000+ amp...the best tube for me is a JJ in V1. It smoothed out and rounded out the tone on the OD nicely. I tried a "high end" Tung Sol and it sucked major balls (my opinion)...made the amp sound VERY brittle. JJ's worked best for me...better then Tung Sol, RFT, Tungsram, EH, JAN, and others.

Call me crazy, but am I the only one who's noticed that nobody (as far as I know) has asked for a module that will make them sound like Vai or Satriani? And yet, these 2 guys are probably the most revered guitarists in the world. Maybe this idea of "my tone is better than your tone" really doesn't mean much when it comes down to making great music.

agree

Anthony