Used RM4, what to check?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- and the 2 clean channel?...

--Depends on how often you plan to use a pure clean tone .depends on the type of music.

Hard Rockers/metal IMO dont use a clean all that often if you go see Metallic for instance he might use it 2 or 3 times a night. a lot of guys will use a seperate clean amp as well with an A/b box .
So by getting a module that you can just roll back your volume on guitar and it cleans up will work .then with a Rm20 you have the lead boost and another gain level.
again it depends on what you want as a player .
I was just giving easier ways to get a hot rodded sound at bedroom levels \

thanx gtr :) what i want maybe is the moon...
everyone told me to leave off a 100W head for home playing cause it's too loud and you cannot push it& get a good power amp distorition as on stage where it's suppposed to be used. (and that's the same thing i used to think)
then all the people told me that the volume difference between a 100W head and a 50W is so big and very noticeable.

guys in here told me there are just 3db of difference. i don't want to buy a monster and having to sell it after 5 minutes because of a wrong purchase :(
100W is too much i guess...

i cannot hear one in my city as there are none...so i have to read here as much as i can :) and i've found many kind person :)

so i nedd a good amp Rm100 or rm50...rm50b combo to play at home -bedroom volume sound.

For your purpose .it sounds like mostly bedroom jamming .I honestly think the Rm50 and rm100 .is going to be way too much .

My suggestion is to get the RM4 preamp that will allow you to have 4 module slots .

iM just being honest im not sure where your at with your playing and i certainly dont mean to be disrespectful .but it sounds like with all the questions your unsure of what you want .

This will give you a great opportunity to build your rig ,pick the modules that you are intrested in and really narrow down what you like and dont like .

As for power amp you dont really need a tube amp as the volumes that your using really wont make much of a difference ,just get a used power amp for now .

This will allow you to get various clean and dirty tones .You can always step up to the RM50 .100 later when you need to and have learned what type of tones WORK for you..

Cheers!!!
S

hi gtr31, ( with regret ) i have to leave off the rack solution - i cannot find used pieces in here ( Italy ) - buying everytihng brand new is out of my pocket capability. there too much pieces to buy.
(preamp-amp-modules-amp-cab-case)..:shock: then i'd prefer the rm100 sound instead of the whole rm4-rt2/50 rack system.
there are 2 rm4 on ebay just from your city gtr31 ;) but the auction price is going to be too expensive, so :) ..... nothing.

i know i may seem unsure with all these questions but i'm not :)
i'm sure of what i want, the problem is that i couldn't listen a randall head myself because there are none in any shop here in my city, so i'm a little undecided.
what i know and what everyone tell me, is just that a 100W head is way too much for home playing, i know it's so so loud.
i'd like to get an used rm100 but i'm afraid it will sound too loud.
i like its sound, it's what i need but it could be way too loud. it is a 100Wbeast not a 15W :)

for sure i need a mts series amp so:1) rm 100 ( :twisted: ) and cab; 2) rm 50hb and cab; or 3 ) rm50b combo ( which is the solution i'd like to avoid ).

--------------

latest thoughts: i'm interested on buying the 50hb head but i have to order it new and with no modules.
therefore i could buy the rm100 i found used with 2 modules: ultra gain and rectifier. but it is 100W and used- i'll have to tweak it to 50W emoving 2 tubes and later to personalize with the 2 KH modules ( clean kh1 and kh3) selling one of the 2 modules it's got now.
hard to chose