What's the driest, clearest, most unforgiving high-gain mod?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awake77

Reaction score
From what Ive read, the Kirk Hammet modules (KH2, KH3)? Im looking for a very cutting and dry tone, something like a VHT but with more saturation.

Look no further, that's dead on the KH-3 is as VHT as any of the MTS modules come. The KH-2 also has some of that flavoring, you can't go wrong with them both, the KH-2 is so sweet, buy them NOW !!

That's exactly what the KH-3 is.......at first the unforgivingness I did not like...but like teh fungus I now :heart: :heart: it.. :twisted:

Awesome thanks for the replies! How does the KH3 differ from the KH2? Do they handle detuned stuff well? (I play a 7 string)

The KH-3 is pretty much just a higher gain version of the KH-2 from what I've heard.

Moe. said:
The KH-3 is pretty much just a higher gain version of the KH-2 from what I've heard.

The low end is tuned down on the KH-3...always seems like the KH-2 is more scooped to me too..

The KH-3 will sound tighter than the KH-2, which can get a bit boomy to me.

KH3 has a nice heap of gain more than the KH2 :twisted:

Awake77 said:
Awesome thanks for the replies! How does the KH3 differ from the KH2? Do they handle detuned stuff well? (I play a 7 string)

I play a 7 in Bb and two 6's in B......it does quite well my friend.....quite well... :twisted: