Which Plexi - KH2, Brahma or modded Plexi

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ned

Reaction score
I need a good plexi tone for rhythm work. In the past I bounced between my Plexi and Eggie SL. When I fire up the amp it's the A channel on my SL but I'm adding a RM4 to the rig.

So - have Pete mod a Plexi or KH2 or Brahma?

My totally biased opinion...

get a plexi, play with it a bit, make a list of what you want changed, send me the list and the plexi, I mod the plexi per your list and send it back.

Since you're the admin here, I'd cut you a REALLY good deal. email me at [email protected] and we can discuss it.

Pete

In my opinion, Mr. Scary is the best Marshall-based module that Randall makes (admittedly, I haven't tried the KH-2). If you back off the gain with the Mr. Scary, you can get a kickass plexi sound. Try it!

Pete's Plexi is REALLY tough to beat. I ended up using it WAY more with my band than I ever thought I would when I bought it. You can't go wrong with that option.

my vote goes to the BRAHMA module!!! this module SMOKES with a good o/d pedal in front of it!!! equally great for leads & rhythm...sold my randall PLEXI and eggie SL modules,once i got the BRAHMA!!!

Jaded- What did you have Pete do to your Plexi?

That would be a great question for him. I bought the one he had for sale on here after the holidays. There was a clip of it in the classified post, I think it was "Here I go again" by Whitesnake. I know it's got the clarity/warmth mods and I think he actually beefed up the low end in the C3 cap....maybe to a .0047mF cap? It has amazing Marshall roar and the individual notes in distorted chords all stand out beautifully. We wrote 2 new tunes since I got it and I use it for both. Nothing else works quite as well.

Jaded's was one I did for myself - I gained it up a little, added some compression, tweaked the EQ a tiny bit, and did the typical warmth/clarity stuff. It was the one on the 'here I go again' clip... basically I wanted an SL+ but more of a vintage marshall cranked than a modern marshall, if that makes sense.

I believe it's real close to the one I did for RatKent also.

Pete