• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - KT88 Quad

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bewitagos1 said:
looking for a quad set ot KT-88's

Anyone have a set, sitting around collecting dust?

I have a quad that I was gonna use for a JCM800 project that I never got around to :)

120 Shipped. Paypal: jspazi[at]y-a-h-o-o[dot]c-o-m and they are yours.

nixerx said:
Bewitagos1 said:

I have a quad that I was gonna use for a JCM800 project that I never got around to :)

specs?

Bewitagos1 said:
nixerx said:
Bewitagos1 said:

specs?

4 JJ KT-88's with about 30 minutes of use. What else would you like to know?

nixerx said:
Bewitagos1 said:
nixerx said:
Bewitagos1 said:

specs?

4 JJ KT-88's with about 30 minutes of use. What else would you like to know?

hoping to see if someone chimes in with a set of Groove Tubes (high rated) or something comparable.

Thanks tho

I have a quad of Penta Labs (select Shuguang tubes) KT88-98's I just bought last week from Doug's tubes. Probably let them go for $100 shipped. Tried them, but I like JJ's better all around for both pre and power tubes.

Nixerx: If I sell these and you still have the JJ's I'll take them. I know many may not dig them, but I do.

Jaded Faith said:
I have a quad of Penta Labs (select Shuguang tubes) KT88-98's I just bought last week from Doug's tubes. Probably let them go for $100 shipped. Tried them, but I like JJ's better all around for both pre and power tubes.

Nixerx: If I sell these and you still have the JJ's I'll take them. I know many may not dig them, but I do.

what did you not like about the Penta Labs? To harsh, what?

I think it's similar to the same thing I don't care for in the chinese 12AX7's. Since I clean boost and set my gain structure up a certain way for my playing and style, certain tubes just react to that differently. Although I dig many tubes for what they are (Shugaung, Tung Sol and Ruby come to mind), I always find I like JJ's better at stage levels at the end of the day.

That said, they are a great tube. Focused bottom, smooth highs and loads of clean headroom. I think of the difference between these and the JJ's to be sort of like the difference between 6L6's (the Pentas) and EL34L's (the JJ's) in a way.