• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3 4x12 custom speaker cabs with super v's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had (hope) similar story with MJ82. After sending money, no communication, no sending module about one month. But he was in hospital! So calm down guys.
And if not, this is nice cheat and we all were too greedy ;)

Hmm..he posted a band as Dolls of Dominia ... seems like the myspace for that band is none existent or deleted now....

http://myspace.com/dollsofdominia

hyenik said:
I had (hope) similar story with MJ82. After sending money, no communication, no sending module about one month. But he was in hospital. So calm down guys.
And if not, this is nice cheat and we all were too greedy ;)

Monty is well known and has a good rep in many places though...

Did the guy that was in the hospital have multiple identities? Did he have happy customers before? Was he verified with paypal? Did he supply tracking numbers at any point? Did he chime in after people were questioning his integrity? I HOPE he is legit but my gut and wallet say not. When I asked who he was he said he would like to stay incognito. He claims to be good friends with Ace Frehley? He said he would put a cd in the amp case and then I would know who he was. I am somewhat affiliated with a succesful company that deals with many actual rockstars / succesfull musicians in equipment endeavors face to face and none that I met came across like that.

riff man said:
you guys are gonna feel like ASSES if this guy show's back up !!!

OR

your gonna learn your lesson and feel what happens when you skate with your head down !!!

FWIW i hope you all make out great on your dealing's ...

I doubt anyone feels like an ***. Sellers have an obligation to keep buyers informed on when purchased goods are going to be shipped. Think of it this way....if everyone concerned here had a PM stating what the hold up was on shipping and what the plan is to get the items out you wouldn't have a thread with concerned posters.

I haven't given up on the guy but would like to know the plan. Thats really not much to ask after you've fulfilled your end of the agreement.

I hope he chimes in and squares us all away on the issue.

I too would like to hear back. I am a *bit* relieved that I did not yet send off payment for the 4x12 that he said he'd sell to me.

That said, if I *had* sent him money, I would not be panicking just yet. There's ample reason to believe he's currently overly-occupied.

EDIT: I was unaware that 17 people had sent him over $10,000 in total. I must reverse what I said above and state that if I had sent him money, I would be very concerned. I certainly would have started a Paypal dispute knowing what I know now. Like Dano, I think the best policy is to hope for the best and brace for the worst.

I filed a claim through Paypal. But if Im wrong and he does come through, then I will offer my sincere apologies. I feel bad but I want to be on the safe side of things. :?: :idea:

His address is a vacant lot in N.C.. He must like jail life cuz he is asking for a new address. A cell with a view.................. of Bubba! Sleep tight RIP don't let Bubba bite lol.

Oh yeah, for the large sum of money involved its DEFINATELY a FELONY!
Hope its all worth it. Even being a musician he just black balled himself from the Randall community, but I doubt that is a concern on his end.

Forgot to mention. When I bought the modules, he QUICKLY OFFERED me one of his "Custom Randall" heads for $500.00 shipped.
Thought it was strange....but now I see he was just trying to drum up some quick cash.

Mailman1971 said:
Hope its all worth it. Even being a musician he just black balled himself from the Randall community, but I doubt that is a concern on his end.

Hey Dan, don't you mail men have a seedy underbelly society that takes care of situations like this? :lol:

Bewitagos1 said:
Mailman1971 said:

Hey Dan, don't you mail men have a seedy underbelly society that takes care of situations like this? :lol:
I have NO IDEA what you are talking about.... 8)
hehehehe

Mailman1971 said:
Bewitagos1 said:
Mailman1971 said:

I have NO IDEA what you are talking about.... 8)
hehehehe

Don't F with the Mailman...gotcha!

I got an UltraXL from him about a month ago, no problems. I'll be glad to help anyone with any info I have.

I was the Roland rep in North Carolina and we talked about about Winston Salem music dealers, so I think he is in that area.

If anyone paid on PayPal and used a credit card, call right now and dispute the payment with your credit card company. PayPal will ask you if you did this, because they will want to know if they are going to receive a chargeback. Each credit card company is different. Some protect the seller more and some protect the buyer. But most will accept a dispute for a mail order purchase that was never received. Plus I am sure they get these from PayPal all the time.

I've only had to that once from a guitar I purchased that I did received but was not what was in the photograph. Admittedly it was not as cheesy sounding as this one. Be safe, file your claim. You can always reverse it if it turns out that this guy had something incredibly bad happen. You just have to consider. How would you handle your sale? I know that I go out of my way to stay in touch. If it walks like a duck.....

Thanks for the advice CarsandGuitars, and genuinely, sorry if your first impressions of this forum aren't great. You must be able to understand though.

jgastineau said:
I was the Roland rep in North Carolina and we talked about about Winston Salem music dealers, so I think he is in that area.
That's interesting. Wass it info he'd have only known if he was a Winston resident?

CarsandGuitars said:
How would you handle your sale? I know that I go out of my way to stay in touch. If it walks like a duck.....
+1000
I go out of my way to communicate with anyone I sell to. Just to get the peace of mind. I say when I am going to mail it. Provide tracking numbers....if by some reason I cant get it shipped when I say, I will explain to the buyer but that has only happend once in the past 10 years. Thought a box I had was going to fit and it was too small so I delayed the shipping.
Sorry......enough of my ranting but yeah this guy promised ALOT and provided nothing.