6505 module inbound

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent it back the 6505. I got it sounding pretty good but in the end the Uberschall is my baby. By the way it came from the dealer on setting 2 which I figured out to put at 3. This made a difference. I really don't want to play anything else but the Uber though. Glad I got to try it. Thanks for the nonsense 👍😂

Last edited:
I understand that. Back in my RM100 days, I tried a ton of modules modded and stock. Still I used a JF modded Brahma 99% of the time.

Keeping the 6505 but I see myself using the SLO most of the time. The Vai module will be mixed in here and there but I will most likely sell the BE.

I got the SLO. Just awesome and 10 minutes in I knew it was a keeper. I tried to like the 6505 but just as in the real amps I prefer Soldano over Peavey just my personal preference. For me I am set with the Bogner and SLO now lol. At least for a while👍

Last edited:
I understand that. Back in my RM100 days, I tried a ton of modules modded and stock. Still I used a JF modded Brahma 99% of the time.

Keeping the 6505 but I see myself using the SLO most of the time. The Vai module will be mixed in here and there but I will most likely sell the BE.
Cool man the 6505 is a good sounding module. It just wasn't for me I guess. Like I had said as well the 5150 variants are the metal standard on so many records. For whatever reason I just don't enjoy playing them.

Yeah, my experience w the 6505 the same, I tried to get into it but just not great for me. The Deliverance is all the modified Marshall stuff I need. Also can we please go with two differing channels and the more option switches the better. I let the Bogner's go but now I regret it, will have to get another Uberschall or Ecstacy I think. I would have gotten the SLO but seriously it needs an upgrade more options and EQs. Tell you I just got the TDX Fender one and I just love that module. Best clean channel so far, really useful foundation module for pedals or just clean to moderate gains really has the tones. The Uber gains are all fine and good but sometimes one gets tired of the constant intensity. That solid twin tone was such fun to play through for a change of pace and it loves pedals. Stack some drives or a high gain pedal and bang, off to the races if you get tired of the clean. I think I much prefer the modules that have a clean channel and a high gain. Still dig the ENGL Powerball myself. I do hope we get something new again this summer. And something with some versatility to it. 6505 would have been better with a cleaner channel to offset the gain.

I don't care about 2 channels too much, especially if they are identical. It has the extra volume to boost. But if you want variety so be it. If EVH does a module I am in. That's the only 5150 sound that they got right IMO. I am not talking about the Iconic though. A Stealth would be killer.

Yeah, my experience w the 6505 the same, I tried to get into it but just not great for me. The Deliverance is all the modified Marshall stuff I need. Also can we please go with two differing channels and the more option switches the better. I let the Bogner's go but now I regret it, will have to get another Uberschall or Ecstacy I think. I would have gotten the SLO but seriously it needs an upgrade more options and EQs. Tell you I just got the TDX Fender one and I just love that module. Best clean channel so far, really useful foundation module for pedals or just clean to moderate gains really has the tones. The Uber gains are all fine and good but sometimes one gets tired of the constant intensity. That solid twin tone was such fun to play through for a change of pace and it loves pedals. Stack some drives or a high gain pedal and bang, off to the races if you get tired of the clean. I think I much prefer the modules that have a clean channel and a high gain. Still dig the ENGL Powerball myself. I do hope we get something new again this summer. And something with some versatility to it. 6505 would have been better with a cleaner channel to offset the gain.
I agree !

I think i ll pass on the 6505 and waiting for new synergy stuff and good used deal on Powerball or Deliverance

The Powerball didn't work out for me I have heard some people like the Savage. The Engl is still something I want in my life.

Go figure. Have not played in a couple weeks due to a trip. Fired up the rig last night and I was into the 6505 more than the SLO.

Knowing myself though, the SLO will most likely be king again tonight.

Go figure. Have not played in a couple weeks due to a trip. Fired up the rig last night and I was into the 6505 more than the SLO.

Yeah, my preferences shift with mood.

Glad you are liking the 6505. I just couldn't vibe with it. I was fighting frequencies and feel the whole time. With the SLO it took minutes to get everything I needed.

Lot of different opinions on the 6505 . Some love it some dont ... I ll test it and return if it not for me