Bugera 333XL

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TORMENT FAKTORY

Reaction score
Got a guy trying to sell me a Bugera 333XL head. I've played on it and I suppose it sounds ok for the price, but I've head that Bugera's aren't very reliable. Anyone have any experience with these heads?

That's a Peavey triple x clone from what I remember. The Bugera's are cheap for a reason. I mean, if it's going to be in your house, then it's fine, but I would never play shows with a Bugera FWIW.

They are made by Beringer if that means anything to you. Some of their stuff is good and other stuff is just bad. It is made and assembled in China so beware of quality control and cheap parts. I have tried several models including the 333XL and they sound pretty good. Much like a typical Peavey. They seem to be made very well on the outside but I have not compared what is inside.

Soulinsane said:
They are made by Beringer if that means anything to you. Some of their stuff is good and other stuff is just bad. It is made and assembled in China so beware of quality control and cheap parts. I have tried several models including the 333XL and they sound pretty good. Much like a typical Peavey. They seem to be made very well on the outside but I have not compared what is inside.
I would agree with this.I played them at the LA amp show and they sounded pretty good but I still think the RM100 destroys :twisted:

KonkeyDong said:
That's a Peavey triple x clone from what I remember. The Bugera's are cheap for a reason. I mean, if it's going to be in your house, then it's fine, but I would never play shows with a Bugera FWIW.
Yeah, Actually i think its a 5150/6505 knock off. doesnt sound as good as the peavey's. Also has a fixed bias - YUCK!. Also i thought it was pretty quiet for 100 watts (the version i played was a 100 watt head). If you're looking for a deal on an amp, ebay has lots of 5150's for sale. For around the same price, and they are more reliable and sound better and look cooler etc...............

droptrd said:
KonkeyDong said:
Yeah, Actually i think its a 5150/6505 knock off. doesnt sound as good as the peavey's. Also has a fixed bias - YUCK!. Also i thought it was pretty quiet for 100 watts (the version i played was a 100 watt head). If you're looking for a deal on an amp, ebay has lots of 5150's for sale. For around the same price, and they are more reliable and sound better and look cooler etc...............
Actually, if you just look at the name and control layout you'll find which amp is based on which. Not to be rude or anything, but I'm sick of people saying "The 333 is the 5150 clone!!!"

333 and 333xl: 3 channels, Triple XXX clone (notice the consistency with the use of THREE)

6260/6262: 2 channels, the latter with seperate EQ's for both. Sound familiar? It's the 5150/5150II layout, and they even both add "2" to the end.

It's really very simple to remember when you realize the (IMO blatantly obvious) connections :)

From what I've HEARD, the 6260/6262 is a MUCH better deal and is much more reliable than the 333/xl. Less issues with fuses and soldering and whatnot.

i have had a 333 for 6 months or so now and i have had 0 issues.

build quality doesnt seem the best but it sounds good.

They are made by Beringer if that means anything to you. Some of their stuff is good and other stuff is just bad.

I'd like to know which is the "good stuff", because that may be a generous description

Run Far Away...don't go economical on this stuff, you'll spend more in the end when 6 months go by and you realize you still need a quality piece

Shinozoku said:
droptrd said:
KonkeyDong said:
Actually, if you just look at the name and control layout you'll find which amp is based on which. Not to be rude or anything, but I'm sick of people saying "The 333 is the 5150 clone!!!"

333 and 333xl: 3 channels, Triple XXX clone (notice the consistency with the use of THREE)

6260/6262: 2 channels, the latter with seperate EQ's for both. Sound familiar? It's the 5150/5150II layout, and they even both add "2" to the end.

It's really very simple to remember when you realize the (IMO blatantly obvious) connections :)

From what I've HEARD, the 6260/6262 is a MUCH better deal and is much more reliable than the 333/xl. Less issues with fuses and soldering and whatnot.
LOL! I must of got the 2 models confused. Sorry. Didnt mean to offend all the hard core Bugera fans! :D