GROUND ISSUES/ TECK HELP PLEASE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHunter

Reaction score
So I have had my Rm100 for about 3-4 years now and have had no issues with it. Then I bought a 2nd RM100 and Im pretty sure its newer than my other one.

I have all my pedals running through my SKB pro pedal board, and both amps hooked up through its outs and what not.

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=32&o=&offset=4&c=75&s=75

I tried this before with a friends 5150 and it sounded sick but the issue is that my older RM100 adds this horrible hum and hiss when a second amp is plugged into the pedal board, but the other amps are fine and deliver normal hiss and hum, and no matter which side i plug them into the OLDER RM100 still hums and hisses worse than ever.
When the Older RM100 is plugged in alone it is just fine.
I played at church one time with the old RM100 and the sound guy recomened a TRS cable in the input even with the amp by itself, im not sure what he meant, i guess it had hi hiss then too but i never really noticed it until i did the 2 amp deal. Either way the TRS didnt help much.
A balanced cable into an unbalanced input will result in an unbalanced signal any way.

any suggestions, can this be fixed, can i do it myself, SOULINSANE, OKSTRAT, any one who knows electronics please help a brother out LOL.

Dustin.

TheHunter said:
You know what?, I think that might do the trick.

Thanks.

D

I hate to suggest a solution that costs money but I believe that's *exactly* the problem you're having and that piece is designed to fix it.

I have the same issue with my rack gear and Egnater head....everything is fine with the RM4 and M4s (they have ground lift switches) until I incorporate both a head(RM50 or MOD50) *and* the RT2/50 into the same signal path :-/

JKD said:
TheHunter said:
You know what?, I think that might do the trick.

Thanks.

D

I hate to suggest a solution that costs money but I believe that's *exactly* the problem you're having and that piece is designed to fix it.

I have the same issue with my rack gear and Egnater head....everything is fine with the RM4 and M4s (they have ground lift switches) until I incorporate both a head(RM50 or MOD50) *and* the RT2/50 into the same signal path :-/

Well I bought one, and i have a sneaky suspicion you know what your talking about here LOL.

Thanks for the advise Ill let you know the out come and results.
It will be nice to have silence again. That 60hz hum was making me dizzy. Seriously.

Dustin.

cool well it seems im on the right track.

I read up on these a little bit and discovered they work exceptionally well for multiple amp setups. So I am postive this will cure my dilema.

Thanks Fellas.

Man this forum just rocks.

D

Also Bro
I always run 2 heads, try a 69cent ground lift plug on one of the amps, you know the little gray or orange one, that does the trick for me at different gigs.
Good Luck MORE IS MORE !!!!

HDRockstar said:
Also Bro
I always run 2 heads, try a 69cent ground lift plug on one of the amps, you know the little gray or orange one, that does the trick for me at different gigs.

I've thought about that several times...but never quite felt comfortable with the solution..props to you for remembering..it's a lot cheaper innit... doh! to me :D

The Ebtech Hum Eliminator works great. I use it in between my rm100 and GSP1101. Not sure if I'll still need it with my RM4 yet. You can find them used on the Bay pretty cheap.

HDRockstar said:
Also Bro

Im gonna try this out as well, my X-15 makes a little noise when i have it plugged in to the PEDAL BOARD and I think If i do the little .69 cent Ground lift it might help out as well.

Also got the HUM Eliminator in, and F-ING A Holes it works badass, Thanks JKD and to all the others who posted here.

Got my groove back and eliminated the HUM, take it from me not only am i a guitarist im also a memeber! LOL