have i said lately...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD/Steve

Reaction score
randall cabinets have to be some of the best build beasts i have seen. i have had them all trust me. (bogner, diezel, mesa...) the quality is unmtached and at the pricepoint you can get them at...stop yourself.

did i mention my tone rules?!?

i work for the coolest company in the world.

My MTS 4x12 is a beast...I sold an ENGL Vintage Pro and Mesa Reco Cab and kept the Randall.

i can't believe how well built they are.

i walked through the mill just today, and gave everyone a thumbs up. they really take pride in their work.

life is good. :D

kind of off topic but I have an XL cab, and it doesn't have the mic eliminator, can I buy the plate from randall and add it to mine?

+1 on the Randall MTS cabs, best cab I ever own, and like RD Steve, I've had many in the past.
The Mic Eliminator has got to be the best thing to have on these cabs. EVERY cab should have this feature!

Silly question, but, will the 2x12 Mic Eliminator work on a non-Randall cab?

I have a Genz Benz G-Flex that I will be using my MTS rack with, and I usually use a Behringer DI with cab sim. I was thinking that the MTS Mic Eliminator would be the way to go...

Anyone know?

Cheers!

you need 16 ohm speakers. if you have them...it'll work. make sure you let service know it's for a 2x12. they are different.

no, my speakers are 8ohm each... (the cab is wired up for 8ohm/side stereo, or 4 or 16 ohm mono)

Guess I'm speaker shopping ;)

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/accessories/accessoryparts.asp

Ha!

I hate to say this...but try and find some old EVH Sheffields form the 5150 series. Man...I am telling you I switched back to those and they just have this thing...

So, Steve, when I stick over to the 16 ohm speakers and the 212 Mic Eliminator, I will still be able to produce mono OR stereo out of the RT2-50?
(I'm new to MTS so please don't bash me quite yet.... wait until I turn the f-en thing on... lol)

I tried the 5150 speakers in a Genz Benz G-Flex cab before, and they sounded great with a dry amp, but as soon as you put effects to them, they mush up (I think it is the cab though and not the speakers)

I was thinking about a Hellatone 60L (aged Vintage 30 with lower response). These guys are Canadian and can be quite a bit cheaper on the shipping, cause we all know speakers are f-en heavy, especially when ordering 2 of them!
http://www.steamcomusic.com/avatar/hltnfrm.html

those hellatone 60l's are just as good as the 5150 speakers...if not better. they don't have that annoying v30 frequency that rips your head off thing to them...yet still have the midrange with a touch more low end. killer speakers.

avatar is a great place and i recommend them.

the rt2/50 is always going to be able to go stereo. with a mic elimiator as long as it is set to stereo, and you set the rt2/50 to stereo, plug in both outputs into the correct ohmage speakers...you'll get STEREO. and MIDI switching if set up to do so.

God i love Randall.

RD/Steve said:
God i love Randall.

Well, aren't you a bit..... wait for it.....

biased?

lol

I put a Hellatone 60 in a Peavey XXX 112 60 watt combo years back, and really woke it up. The Weber speaker (Cali Chrome Dome) I put in a Peavey Transformer 112 worked well, but I still didn't like the amp... lol

I'm really pumped and stoked about MTS, after trying a crappy guitar (with great SD JB/Jazz pickups in it) through a Lynch Box head, and a cheapo Peavey 412 cab. And it STILL sounded amazing! Says a lot about the Randall!

My first real amp (and real F-en heavy amp) was a RG-120-212 or something like that with Jaguar speakers. It was at least 120 watts SS, and heavy as fudge. It was a great amp, but moved on to tubes after that.

Did I already say I am pumped about the MTS stuff? lol

Thanks Steve!

the question I have about the mic eliminator is how does it work exactly?

It just has a circuit that sims speaker characteristics?

What if I swap speakers?
Does the mic eliminator now sound different than the cab would if miced?

Latest posts