Module or mod for JCM800 2203 tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" The guy who does them for a magazine plays pretty good"....
who is that????

So much of the demo tones depend upon exact mic placement. Is it on axis, off axis, how much off axis, distance from the cone, which mic, was there a room mic too? What speaker (Marshall cabs for the JCM800 would be the G12T-75 or G12-65) for the correct sound? Which cab (did they use a Mesa cab)? There are so many variables. Then there is the guitar and pickups.

The JCM800 2203? Run the gain on the SL+ no higher than 11:00 (that's = to dimed on the JCM800), and for more gain you boost it (especially if you use singles). Bass down around 10:00, Mids up around 2:00, and Highs at 1:00. If you run the bass too high it gets muddy. I don't know how the density and presence work exactly, but on a Marshall you turn those all the way down for a flatter response, and when you run them up you automatically scoop the mids a bit. You should get pretty close.

But what is the target here? Isn't the target a good usable tone?

I think he's talking about the guy who does the demos for Premier Guitar and Guitar World.

wkcchampion said:
To be sincere, if I had to follow his reviews, I'd probably never ever bought something. I don't know why, but the sound is always so bad!!!!
He should play a bit with the settings and improve the sound.
I think the real issue with Toneking is that he is such a bad guitar player that everything he plays sounds like ****. He just doesn't have any style, touch or feel for the electric guitar at all..That being said, There's so many horrid You tube gear videos out there that I've stopped watching them...My first year guitar students have way more going on than most of these kids

"I think he's talking about the guy who does the demos for Premier Guitar and Guitar World."

Ja, das stimmt!