remove

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like a very cool module, looks good too. Is it brewtal? I first thought that link might've been a youtube link for a demo.

Mark IIC? The faceplate says Mark IV? Regardless, it seems to have hit a homerun with you, enjoy :D

BigBrewtus said:
Super nice guy. :wink:

Do you call "super nice guy", the guy which offer for money stealed designs
(mark from Gigmods and soldano from Salvation Mods) ?!?!?
Or is this NORMAL for you and for many others here? .... as I can see last year regularly???

Just to be clear I am not a modder who sells services. I simply modified my own modules for my personal use and enjoyment I no longer have an MTS amp and am selling off my few modules on e-bay. I am happy that the folks who purchased them like them. Once my modules are gone that is it - I have no more and am have no intention of offering any services that would compete with anyone. Again I am selling off my own personal modules on e-bay, It's that simple.

As far as the whole stealing of (exterior/faceplate) designs goes,
1965FenderPrincetonReverbDeluxeAmpOxfordSpeaker.jpg

mesa.jpg

4197_Fender_65_Twin_Reverb_Amp__76984_zoom.jpg

1979mesaboogiemkigallery.jpg

62Twin_TS_Book_P193.jpg

mesamark.jpg

The Fender/Mark look is cool. Any modders trademarked this faceplate style or another popular design? No disrespect to the modders, just making a point.

alboz28 said:
Just to be clear I am not a modder who sells services. I simply modified my own modules for my personal use and enjoyment I no longer have an MTS amp and am selling off my few modules on e-bay. I am happy that the folks who purchased them like them. Once my modules are gone that is it - I have no more and am have no intention of offering any services that would compete with anyone. Again I am selling off my own personal modules on e-bay, It's that simple.
So sorry for any confusion guy. I only meant to wish you farwell and thanks for your creation. :wink: 8)

BigBrewtus said:
hyenik said:
BigBrewtus said:

Or is this NORMAL for you and for many others here? .... as I can see last year regularly???
Let me say this in a nice way.
What an idiot! :wink: The MTS line is meant to mimic sounds of amps that are already built and marketed by big name companies. I do believe that Mesa/Boogie built and manufactered the MarkIIC. NOT GIGMODS! Soldano is an amp company not built or designed by Salvation. Another thing is Boogie got there start by stealing designs of FENDER. Soldano did the same with stealing designs from MARSHALL. If that bothers you so much I believe you should give up MTS yourself. Oh dont forget to write up digital modeling amp companies and tell them they should be ashamed for what they are creating. :idea:

Danger Will Robinson!
DangerWillRobinson.jpg

BigBrewtus said:
hyenik said:
BigBrewtus said:

What an idiot! :wink: The MTS line is meant to mimic sounds of amps that are already built and marketed by big name companies. I do believe that Mesa/Boogie built and manufactered the MarkIIC. NOT GIGMODS! Soldano is an amp company not built or designed by Salvation. Another thing is Boogie got there start by stealing designs of FENDER. Soldano did the same with stealing designs from MARSHALL. If that bothers you so much I believe you should give up MTS yourself. Oh dont forget to write up digital modeling amp companies and tell them they should be ashamed for what they are creating. :idea:

I don't agree with this POV.

If hyenik believes that these modules are a copy of someone else's work then he can surely be as upset as he likes...it wouldn't be the first time someone has copied another's MTS mod.

At least in this case it's a simple private sale rather than profiting off another modder's design and passing someone else's work off as his own.

I think we have an issue of an idea getting lost in translation. Hyenik made a point about stealing and I don't know exactly if he is referring to the sounds or the trademarks. On one hand, the sounds are being duplicated by the modules. That is OK you can't trademark the wind.. On the other hand, it is a direct rip off of the "Mesa-Boogie" and "MarkIV" trademarks. These are proprietary and should not be used.
DSC04674.jpg

That is why it is important to use discretion when naming a module that replicates another, pre-existing, product that is protected by US and International patents. If Mesa decided to be assholes about it they could have legal recourse. You would probably just get a cease and desist order and that would be it. It's the principle of the matter. I think the principle is what Hyenik may be driving at. You shouldn't be using another man's hard work, building up a brand, to sell your own.
That said. I love both you guys, ya' hear?
:D :D :D

JKD said:
BigBrewtus said:
hyenik said:
BigBrewtus said:

I don't agree with this POV.

If hyenik believes that these modules are a copy of someone else's work then he can surely be as upset as he likes...it wouldn't be the first time someone has copied another's MTS mod.

At least in this case it's a simple private sale rather than profiting off another modder's design and passing someone else's work off as his own.

@RADE01: this is about circuit designs, not graphic designs.. obviously.

We are not talking about trademarks or visual designs, but circuit design.
So the actual mod, believe me, it's designing to a large degree and requires a lot of knowhow and R&D.

A lot of work goes into a modified module to cram an amps circuit in there so it sounds and responds the same, it's not just a copy-paste kind of deal, why do you think it took months to develop for instance the H-Watt?

This system was made for a few tones, and you have to do some clever work and designing to get a different circuit like this in there.

So yes, you're allowed to be upset when someone blatantly copies that work.
To clarify more: I'm talking about the actual "mod" design, not the circuit of the amp it's modeling, because it can per defenition not be exactly the same.

This copying of mods or parts of mods is happening, quite obviously.
I haven't seen this in person, so I don't know if Hyenik is correct in this case, but he wouldn't say it if he wasn't sure..

BigBrewtus said:
I get where you are coming from Daryl. The face does step on some toes. If I were going to try and sell this module I believe Mesa would have some ground to stand on being their trademark is on the face. Hy did state that his issue was it copied pro modders work. Someone would need to have xray vision to see that from this picture. :wink:
I didnt mean any offense and I did come across very brash, so I appologize any name calling and points not taken. We LOVE YOU TOO DARYL!!!!!!
So help me rename it so I can get a new faceplate made.
I was thinking SKIDMARK :lol: :lol: Or maybe with all the fuss it should be the TRADEMARK :lol: :lol: :lol:
PEACE, LOVE AND NACHOS :!: :!: :!:
It's not about the faceplate, although actually putting the Mesa trademark on there is over the line, copyright-wise. But that's a different discussion.

Latest posts