RT2/50 Two Output Tubes Blown Simultaniously?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relaxo

Reaction score
A few days ago I purchased my first MTS gear, a second hand RT2/50 power amp and an RM4 and some modules. Today I tried playing it for the first time at my studio.

Everything was working perfectly (good sound, no red lights) for about 15 minutes as I played through a 16 ohm 4x12 cabinet, often switching between Ch 1 and Ch 2. Suddenly, while playing through CH 2, the sound stops. I look over and BOTH LEDs on CH 2 are lit up! Two tubes blew at once? The previous owner says he just installed two new Svetlana EL34s in that channel a month ago and biased them to 38mVDC.

What most likely caused this? What should I do? Replace the fuses and power up again? Dangerous? Or should I buy two new EL34s? What are the favorite EL34s in these parts? (while I'm buying new tubes, which 6L6s are the most popular here as well?)

Thanks!

I would check and replace fuses,if blown and put some new tubes in it,I like the JJ 6L6 and E34Ls combo in my RT :D