salvation mods - website updated

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shinozoku said:
Moe. said:
Any updates on the new mods? :)
I wanna know too :D And I've been GASsing for an ENGL really bad, so I'm hoping to see a module based on a Powerball or Savage pretty soon. But if this new mod is for the metalcore crowd, it's probably either a more accurate 5150 or an ENGL Fireball :D.

Guess again. :twisted:
Anthony told me a little bit about it, and you're completely wrong. :p :lol:

Moe. said:
Shinozoku said:
Moe. said:
Any updates on the new mods? :)
I wanna know too :D And I've been GASsing for an ENGL really bad, so I'm hoping to see a module based on a Powerball or Savage pretty soon. But if this new mod is for the metalcore crowd, it's probably either a more accurate 5150 or an ENGL Fireball :D.

Guess again. :twisted:
Anthony told me a little bit about it, and you're completely wrong. :p :lol:
I'm actually glad I'm wrong cuz we already have enough 5150 tone in the Ultra XL and the Grail :p: Alas that's the only Metalcore amp I can think of, so I'll just sit back and wait for more info :D

iekobrid said:
That reminds me -- Is there a specific reason why MTS mods (both stock and modified) only have toggle switches and rotary pots for controls, never push buttons? Is the average push button housing too wide and/or deep to fit between the pots? Is the hole for a square button like the "crunch" and "bright" controls on a 5150 too hard to drill / machine into a faceplate?

salvation said:
It will be a weapon!!! :evil:

Warhead?

It is simply-Pushbuttons are usualy fitted on PCB.
Mostly they cannot by fitted by itself onto the chassis and faceplate, do the drilled hole.

I see one big advantage of toggle switches-you have a simply visual view about setting.
I saw one channel Egnater module with pushbutton switch, but of course, it was fitted on PCB which supports it.
I think that Toggle switches are more practical.

Anthony
SALVATION

Noo, it is solid state, isn?t?

Not that any asked but...
it is so important Im gonna say it again.
To try to get a sound by referencing a recording is an odd request. I understand why we would all do it...but I hope players understand that the guitar sound gets so shaped in the studio (especially the sounds that people rave about) that if you make a module to do the end sound...I am fairly certain you'll wind up with a module that will respond quite differently than whats on the actual recording (to dynamics, pick attack, gain changes etc etc)
So Im just saying there's nothing wrong shooting for the sound we hear on a finished CD...but there are things to be considered. I wouldnt want to be in Pete's or Salvation's position when someone is unhappy with the result. How do you tell someone, "you can only get so close"?
Not everyone is so understanding. I have been lucky and after 25 yrs of tone chasing I know the difference between live tone and studio tone and Im fine with both.
And I'm just saying all of this because I think a tiny minority of people hear may have unrealistic expectations for what ANYONE can achieve with mods.
That said, we are so lucky to have the 3rd party options that these guys provide. I wish I had money to buy em all. You can never have enough flavors in the spice rack.

salvation said:
Shinozoku said:
Do I smell dual-concentric knobs? :D

No, no concentric knobs.
Offered knobs are special only by design:)

But it will have two magic switches.

Anthony
SALVATION

Hey Anthony,

I thought that there are 3 magic switches -lol-
:twisted:

Sascha

headown said:
salvation said:
Shinozoku said:
Do I smell dual-concentric knobs? :D

No, no concentric knobs.
Offered knobs are special only by design:)

But it will have two magic switches.

Anthony
SALVATION

Hey Anthony,

I thought that there are 3 magic switches -lol-
:twisted:

Sascha

Sascha,
3 position TIGHT switch is not so magic, it is common on Egnaters:)
But the other two switches are really special:)

Anthony

So, guys,

new module.
here you can see and hear my new mod.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6705
Dead Plate - made for Sascha (Headown)
Upgraded version of my first modification.
Dedicated for Recto lovers and metal players.

Dead_plate_1.JPG

Anthony
SALVATION

a bit off topic:
I sell my XTC module, located in germany. if anyone is interested in sending a module to salvation, you could buy mine and i could send it to anthony at once, way cheaper then oversea shipping, let me know guys, if there is interest.

Hey Salvation, I might take one of those deadplate mods!

I'll have the money in the next few days. I'll pm you then.

How much would the mod cost all up with a white faceplate?

New HIGAIN modification finished - SALVATION UBERSONIC.

more info in Ubersonic dedicated thread.
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=41341#41341

Anthony/SALVATION

Ubersonic_2.JPG

salvation said:

Anthony/SALVATION

Ubersonic_2.JPG
Too cool.

By the way, do you plan on getting any Egnater gear in the future? I use the dual channel modules, so I'd be interested in seeing what you could come up with.

swimrunner said:
salvation said:

Anthony/SALVATION

Ubersonic_2.JPG
Too cool.

By the way, do you plan on getting any Egnater gear in the future? I use the dual channel modules, so I'd be interested in seeing what you could come up with.

PM me - or better - email me, my inbox fills up very quickly-if you are interrested on modding of Eggies.

Anthony

stonerverb.JPG

New mod finished.
While my previous Mandarin module was based on AD series,
this new STONERVERB mod is based on Rockerverb series.
Due to the clean/dirty switch, this module is able to play from shimmering clean sounds through nice signature Orangelike crunch to fat screaming dirty gain.

Soundclip, I hope, coming soon:)

Anthony

Latest posts