salvation mods - website updated

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maximus1 said:
does this come with warmth and clarity mods

Different things:

Pete is changing certain parts and component types to acheive that.

It looks like salvation is rebuilding the module (after taking most components off) to be close to certain pre-amps as possible.

JKD said:
maximus1 said:

Different things:

It looks like salvation is rebuilding the module (after taking most components off) to be close to certain pre-amps as possible.

Dude, he's taking modding to the next level, he said that he uses the exact same component's as the pre-amp he's trying to emulate. That is key in acheiving a tone you are looking to get from a amp manufacturer.

tonymustang302 said:
JKD said:
maximus1 said:

Different things:

Dude, he's taking modding to the next level, he said that he uses the exact same component's as the pre-amp he's trying to emulate. That is key in acheiving a tone you are looking to get from a amp manufacturer.

You just said exactly the same thing... :? :lol:

tonymustang302 said:
JKD said:
maximus1 said:

Different things:

No, no. What he's doing is incorporating the identical components of the preamp he's striving to recreate. :lol:

tonymustang302 said:
JKD said:
maximus1 said:

Different things:

The key to achieving a tone you want (again, my opinion only) is done by using your ears and choosing parts that, consider the ENTIRE amplifier, not just the module, achieve that goal. If you looked at my XTC mod, which I tuned by ear with an amp I own (Bogner 2004 Ecstacy 101B) the part values are NOT the same as a schematic or my amp. I changed parts, sure, but the most important thing I did was I listened to the 'real deal' and then playtested my module, adjusted some parts, rinse and repeat. If you just follow the schematic and type of parts used, you're going to also have to hope the following applies to your Randall head:

1) same transformers as the amp you are duplicating
2) same voltage to ALL tubes, in power and preamp
3) same schematic as first tube in the RM (remember, your signal for your modules goes through that first tube)
4) Same parts in the power section also, this includes type of phase inverter too.

Everything is apples and oranges, no 'levels' in my opinion. Your ranking left Friedman and Cameron out... I'd just be glad that there are a variety of modules and mods and modders to choose from.

Pete

It's so freakin' cool we have all these people working on these amps .. MTS FTW! 8)

JKD said:
It's so freakin' cool we have all these people working on these amps .. MTS FTW! 8)
MTS FTW,All these guys are ROCK SOLID to the MTS community,just make me love the system even more!!!!!!!!!

jmgman70 said:
MTS FTW,All these guys are ROCK SOLID to the MTS community,just make me love the system even more!!!!!!!!!

+1000. It's great that each of them is offering different stuff.

6stringgrind said:
tonymustang302 said:
JKD said:
maximus1 said:

Different things:

No, no. What he's doing is incorporating the identical components of the preamp he's striving to recreate. :lol:

This is what i meant JKD, and pretty much said ya bastid. :lol:

AdamB said:
Any clips of the Terrier?
I just want to compare the two before i make my final choice :D

Tomorrow. Tour de Terrier, not so exciting like Megadeth, only simple showing of all switches....

It seems as if salvation is takin things to the next level. I can finally get a specific tone from an album i love and/or band with salvation...as opposed to be shot down before salvation was around. I can't wait to get some ideas rolling with salvation. These mod's are totally worth the money because it seems they are waymore in depth.

Keep up the awesome work dude, i know you'll have a ton of people waiting to get your products.

tonymustang302 said:
It seems as if salvation is takin things to the next level. I can finally get a specific tone from an album i love and/or band with salvation...as opposed to be shot down before salvation was around. I can't wait to get some ideas rolling with salvation. These mod's are totally worth the money because it seems they are waymore in depth.

Keep up the awesome work dude, i know you'll have a ton of people waiting to get your products.

You do know that a good % of that tone you are hearing is in the recording technique right...not to mention the player/equipment etc...it might not be * that* easy or sound the same in the room...I know this because I *suck* at recording :D

I don't own any of salvation work yet....I will rectify that soon...which module do you have?

tonymustang302 said:

Not to belabor the point, but one reason why I turned people away from 'can you get the tone off this particular album' was because I can't control what guitar, pickups, cabinet, etc that you are going to use. A lot of stuff on an album is at least double tracked, and you're not going to be able to do that at home. I doubt you're going to be playing a direct out into a cab emulation either.

I'd rather err on the side of caution than do that. Maybe I'm too picky for my own good.. if it costs me business then so be it.

BTW Tony, do you have the module in hand yet, or are you going by the awesome clips posted?

Pete

okstrat said:
tonymustang302 said:

Not to belabor the point, but one reason why I turned people away from 'can you get the tone off this particular album' was because I can't control what guitar, pickups, cabinet, etc that you are going to use. A lot of stuff on an album is at least double tracked, and you're not going to be able to do that at home. I doubt you're going to be playing a direct out into a cab emulation either.

I'd rather err on the side of caution than do that. Maybe I'm too picky for my own good.. if it costs me business then so be it.

BTW Tony, do you have the module in hand yet, or are you going by the awesome clips posted?

Pete

poplar + JB + VHT 2150 + various celestions.

I don't want to disagree with you, Pete, but most serious MTS users are pretty anal about tone, and wouldn't have a problem recreating the Megadeth sound. Maybe, Megadeth is an easy example, but with the wealth of info out there, it's not that hard to recreate rigs used for various songs/albums.

I said, "Anthony, make this like a CAE 3+SE." I told him to use Max Norman-era CTE/Youthanasia as a reference point. What's the crime in that?

hyenik said:
AdamB said:
Any clips of the Terrier?
I just want to compare the two before i make my final choice :D

Tomorrow. Tour de Terrier, not so exciting like Megadeth, only simple showing of all switches....

Can't wait :D

Are you still using the same recording setup on all of this?

I think it was RM20 'slave'/line out into computer with SIR cab sims?

Yikes Gene, I'm not slamming the module. I was explaining why *I* don't promise album tones to people - Tony made a little comment about that... I was just explaining my position.

I had a guy get pissed at me (not sure if he's on the board much anymore, he was a lurker) because he bought a modded brown from me and it didn't get VH tone.

Well, the guy was using a RM4 into a BASS AMP and bass cab. Can we say 'no **** you can't get VH tone with that?'

Recreating tones also depends on how anal you're going to be. If I had a quarter for every person who thought they could get the brown sound and didn't really, I'd have a ton of quarters. Like I said, maybe I'm too picky. My brown mod gets more of a VH II tone to my ears, not VH I. Some guys think VH I to Diver Down was all the same tone. Just depends on how picky you are going to be.

I know guys who think slamming a 7 band eq in an fx loop and scooping the mids gets them THE metallica tone, ya know?

The more I think about it, I can't be seen as impartial in this thread even if I'm defending the way I do things - so I should just move on. If Tony or anyone else wants to make commentary, feel free - I'll be too busy working on modding info for my part of the board to reply.

Peace out and all that. :)

Pete