salvation mods - website updated

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
something new, for one forum member here :
SALVADO modified to X88 preamp specs.

Salvado_X66.jpg

and what found as great combination for X66?
awesome pair, very versatile combo:
Salvado_X66_and_Twinface.jpg

Wow :shock: that looks awesome man! :D

What is the tonal difference between the SLO and X88?
I played one recently, but not long enough for a good impression..

Anthony, that looks amazing!

I really liked the Soldano X88 back in the day, although I purchased a Bogner Fish instead.

I also played through a Bogner modified X88 that was the bomb! It was "faster" than the X88 (which also seemed "slow" to me) but he kept the tone of the X88.

Can't wait to hear clips!

X88 preamp circuit is still very similar to SLO, although it has a few minor circuit changes. Crunch channel is slightly different too.
Tight switch is added for more versatility and I think this is "faster" when Tight switch is active (cut basses before distorting stages).

salvation said:
X88 preamp circuit is still very similar to SLO, although it has a few minor circuit changes. Crunch channel is slightly different too.
Tight switch is added for more versatility and I think this is "faster" when Tight switch is active (cut basses before distorting stages).

If it's any kind of a variation on Salvado Deluxe, then I must have one! Is that a correct assumption?

Mattfig said:
salvation said:

If it's any kind of a variation on Salvado Deluxe, then I must have one! Is that a correct assumption?

Yes it is.
I answered by email.
The same differences are between SLO preamp and X88r preamp.

Lead (red) channel is very similar to Salvado DLX, there is small change in gain structure. Crunch channel is little darker on non SCOOP setting.
in Scoop setting the Crunch channel has more low end.

Anthony, have you ever done a mod based on the Bogner Fish preamp?

Oh, never mind. Just found the thread about your Bogner Phish mod. Carry on, gents.

Hey Anthony,

If you're checking this board - check your emails. They're getting bumped back to me because mailbox exceeds quota. Too many mod requests??

Trying to place an order and want to confirm donor mod is o.k. with pics before sending off to you.

thanks

destratification said:
Hey Anthony,

If you're checking this board - check your emails. They're getting bumped back to me because mailbox exceeds quota. Too many mod requests??

Trying to place an order and want to confirm donor mod is o.k. with pics before sending off to you.

thanks

Hi.,

sorry, small problem on my mailbox. Please contact me on: [email protected]

iekobrid said:
Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere, but I came across an amp shootout on YouTube that included an RM50 loaded with the Salvation Mash-all module (and possibly an Xtacy too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ9hP-1Oy3Q

True story. These are my two RM-50 combos. The XTC clip is the Hilly XTC mod with a 6L6 power section. The Mash-All is using EL34s. This event had things moving REALLY fast. There wasn't even any time to dial anything.
The Bassman mod was my JF-Tweed and the Twin module was my Voodoo mod.

Dual Channel Egnater module modified for Soldano based SALVADO.
Upper channel is Overdrive channel.
Lower channel is based on Normal channel from SLO with implemented SRV mod.

Dual_Salvado0.jpg

Dual_Salvado_left.jpg

Dual_Salvado_Right.jpg

Anthony has taken over Randall modules.. it was only a matter of time before he started taking over Egnater too!

Shinozoku said:
Anthony has taken over Randall modules.. it was only a matter of time before he started taking over Egnater too!

Dual Egnater modules are not very common in Europe, so It took some time.
But now SOME of my modifications are now doable in Dual Egnater base too.
Dual Egnater modules are more versatile, of course.
They also have less space for additional features.

Compare this module with Single channel Salvado.
This new Twin channel lacks CRUNCH/OVERDRIVE switch. It is because crunch is "hardwired" to lower channel and overdrive to upper channel.
Tight switch is actually 3 position BASS BOOST switch (center position is tightest).
Bright switch is also 3 position. This is common dual Egnater feature.
So, we have almost the same versatility like on Salvado Deluxe module, but with advantage of remote switching between channels with separate GAIN and Master controls.
Nice, I love it!

And i have to say thanks to Mr. Bruce Egnater for modular amp ideas, he is really genius!

salvation said:
And i have to say thanks to Mr. Bruce Egnater for modular amp ideas, he is really genius!

And you and your great team have taken it to its highest level with more ideas still coming!!! You guys and some of the other modders are keeping this valuable and interesting...Thank you!

Latest posts