Tube Failure Light On

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tung

Reaction score
One of my power tubes has it's Tube Failure light lit up. So Randall sent me a new tube. I put in the brand new power tube and yet the light is still on, doesn't seem to make any difference!
Anybody have any idea what else it might be? I'm still getting the same noise, but I don't think it a power tube issue. Could the light indicator be faulty?
Thanks in advance,
T.

mike said:
I had the same problem,it could be just the fuse.
Thanks, Mike. Have to check out the fuse then, can't find any problem with the power tubes :?:

Tung,

I had the same problem, blown fast-blo fuse. I read in a post ( somewhere) by Bruce Egnater that the early units shipped with 250ma fuses, but now they have bumped them up to 350ma from the factory. ( at least the Egnater gear) . I wouldn't go with 500ma( as in other posts), but 350ma should be safe.

H

seeker said:
Tung,

I had the same problem, blown fast-blo fuse. I read in a post ( somewhere) by Bruce Egnater that the early units shipped with 250ma fuses, but now they have bumped them up to 350ma from the factory. ( at least the Egnater gear) . I wouldn't go with 500ma( as in other posts), but 350ma should be safe.

H
Thanks bro, 350ma it is then.
I'll let you know what happened.
T.

The blown fuse led is probably wired in parallel to the fuse, so when the fuse has continuity, no current passes through the led, but, when the fuse blows, the current then flows through the led. Solution, of course, replace the shorted tube, then the fuse, led goes out, done.

kc2eeb said:
The blown fuse led is probably wired in parallel to the fuse, so when the fuse has continuity, no current passes through the led, but, when the fuse blows, the current then flows through the led. Solution, of course, replace the shorted tube, then the fuse, led goes out, done.

I'll check out the fuse, thanks for the tip.
T.

You do need to replace the tube and the fuse when that happens. FYI, we ship the Egnater amps with 400mA (.400A) fuses. 315mA is a standard size you should be able to find at Radio Shack and will work fine. I don't believe there is a such thing as a 350mA fuse.

bruce egnater said:
You do need to replace the tube and the fuse when that happens. FYI, we ship the Egnater amps with 400mA (.400A) fuses. 315mA is a standard size you should be able to find at Radio Shack and will work fine. I don't believe there is a such thing as a 350mA fuse.

Thanks for your help, Bruce. The clarification is greatly appreciated.
Tung