Post some pics of your rigs!!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juggernaut said:
Guitars: Gutierrez Customshop Juggernauts - black one is the Prototype, and the Camo is my baby.

The cab is actually an XXL cab with V30/G12T-75s. 1 of 2 made for Rich when he was working for Randall.
*looks again* Aww, I was looking at the tolex and not the logo LOL! nice guitars though :)
tonymustang302 said:
How do you like the vader cab?
Well, to be honest I haven't tried any other cabs with this amp. I ordered them because A: The Randall was unparalleled in it's versatility for the price, and B: The cab was tough, had good speakers, and was affordable.

I do like it though, but I'm thinking about getting an Avatar or a used Mesa 2x12 with some differently voiced speakers for alternate tones. I have a feeling a different cab actually covered in tolex as opposed to Rhino Hide would give better cleans :p

A friend of mine borrowed the cab for a show with his death metal (borderline deathcore), and he loved it, too. It's really punchy, and handles bottom end really well, while still letting the highs come through.

i tried my buddy's vader 4x12 and it was all midrange and xero bass, very nassally, but it could maybe be dialed out but doubtful cause his amp can't escape its midrange and he complains that he hasn't enough bass from a 6505. i wouldn't say the peavey is a bass heavy amp but paired with that vader its anything but. he swears his old mesa straight cabs with v30's were the holy grail and nothing could touch them. i plugged my avatar 4x12 in with 2 v30's and 2 k-100's and his amp had plenty of bass and thumped like a ************ :twisted:

Interesting posts, I am using both a Randall RM100 and a 6505 and was using about purchasing a 2x12" Vader Cab for gigs .. i hate playing through bad backline cabinets ... do you guys have any other suggestions for a 2x12" cab, based in deathmetal and/or hardcore?

maximus1 said:
i tried my buddy's vader 4x12 and it was all midrange and xero bass, very nassally, but it could maybe be dialed out but doubtful cause his amp can't escape its midrange and he complains that he hasn't enough bass from a 6505. i wouldn't say the peavey is a bass heavy amp but paired with that vader its anything but. he swears his old mesa straight cabs with v30's were the holy grail and nothing could touch them. i plugged my avatar 4x12 in with 2 v30's and 2 k-100's and his amp had plenty of bass and thumped like a ************ :twisted:
Well, teh cabs were designed not to GIVE you lots of bass, but to handle more bass if you wanted to use it. My Randall pushes my 2x12 well, but I have heard that some people don't care for the 4x12s because they feel their amps can't feed the speakers enough.

Don't know why those people don't just put some 75 watt Legends in it to replace the 120 watt ones they come with xD

I had the resonance on my amp at 3 o'clock and the bass on my Ultra XL the same before I switched form my EMG HZ pickup, then when I got the DiMarzio put in, I could barely handle the frequencies this amp/cab combo were putting out, so now I keep my Ultra XL's bass between 11-1 o'clock and my resonance no higher than 2, and it sounds nice and tight :)

This cab may be tuned more for dropped tunings though, because my friend who plays in dropped A borrowed it for a show with his band and was drooling over how much better it sounded than the cab he was using (Line 6 Spider III cab, with the Spider Valve head)

But when you think about it, in a band setting the guitar NEEDS to occupy the midrange, or else it will drown out the bass guitar (which is meant to take up the, you guessed it, bass frequencies!), so ideally, as long as you have a certain amount of punch, you might prefer your sound with the Vader cab once you hear it in a band setting. Just my two cents though :wink:

Julia said:
Now someone please tell me why these things don't have a "talent knob?

I don?t know this knob, but RedTeletronix offer something for your pedalboard ;)
...and many more.... http://www.angelfire.com/yt3/redtele/redtelectronix.html

talentboost2a.jpg

hyenik said:
Julia said:

I don?t know this knob, but RedTeletronix offer something for your pedalboard ;)

talentboost2a.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: These pedals are hilarious!

i agree about the vader i think i wouldn't mine having the midrange for my seven string it could be eq'd nicely the randall has plenty of low end to fill up the cab. it s a different sounding cab for sure.

hyenik said:
Julia said:

talentboost2a.jpg
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

riff man said:
hyenik said:
Julia said:

talentboost2a.jpg
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it. I'll take one of those and a bottle of Shredder Oil.

This gem is built into every JVM. You end up paying an extra $600 just to counteract it.

humboosta.jpg

And then there's another one they need:

Feedback Looper -- bandmate just got a new amp and is showing it off at a gig? Sneak this one into his chain and create that uncontrollable feedback that can only be cured by making him turn it down to bedroom levels. Put it in the FX loop after the noise gate for the added fun of microphonic preamp tube simulation.

Replaced the old noisy fan with one with a blue LED.
l_e5b3e3d7c3b6494e994111816744e3ad.jpg

I have settled on getting all my sounds from my
pedalboard. My setup used to be all midi with
an FC-300 board 6 modules and a rocktron expression.
Unfortunatly my RM100 has died on me too many times
at practice and at shows to rely on. With a
pedalboard I can plug into my backup and
have pretty much the same sounds.

l_4dd88f42da444ac7811c433df22d70f4.jpg

My crate powerblock has bailed me out of a
RM100 break down so it is never to far away.

It offers a quick change since it shares all the same
plugs as the Randall. Power speaker and chord from
my pedalboard and I'm good to go in less than a minute.
l_5451d3ea9c0542dd82ca7cfd795c4d56.jpg

My only module is a old blackface. It has an JJ EC82 in v1 and EHAx7 in V2 . The JJ makes it super clean. The power amp has a pair of EL34's.
It has been a long hard road getting the sound I want from this amp.

l_485c5554ed384f5d9689135df40d8da4.jpg

l_5cdcb9e7c7db4bbba2452cd5ec9e90ad.jpg

hyenik said:
Just finished.
My new baby :)

Orangutan1.jpg

Hyenik, is that a combo converted to a head? It looks like it has the silent mode which I think is only available on the combo. What kind of speaker are you using in the closed cab?