Salvation Camerock (Cameron CCV)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salvation Camerock soundclip!

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11494098

And I'm working on one too! :D

The Rossness said:
What exactly is the Cameron tone? How is it different from any other modded Marshall? I hear a lot of hype about Cameron amps. I hear how his circuits are very different and how he has magic in his amps, but what kind of magic is it? Can someone shed some light on Cameron amps for me or at least the differences between this and other salvation Marshall based mods (Benzin, MashAll/ MashAldano/ Duoplex/ Randy)???
Mark Cameron brought one of his amps in to my old guitar shop for me to try. It was flat out the best amp I had ever played. Gobs of gain, amazingly responsive, etc. It's Mark's take on a Marshall Jose plus his own inspirations. I remember when he left he said that next time he would bring the high gain version. I was like "more gain?"

That sounds really really good. With all the hoopla surrounding Cameron not delivering on his builds and many customers having dropped oodles of $$ for his amps, this is an excellent alternative I'd think.

I know, I keep checking Salvation's Facebook page hoping to see a "Camerock and Rhoadie module heading to California" post :lol: That clip is really making the wait tougher

Kapo_Polenton said:
That sounds really really good. With all the hoopla surrounding Cameron not delivering on his builds and many customers having dropped oodles of $$ for his amps, this is an excellent alternative I'd think.

Mark has certainly had issues with trying to keep up with demand in the past, however those days are gone. In association with Brad King of www.rig-talk.com and Rob Navarrette and Dave Friedman of Tone Merchants/Rack Systems in North Hollywood, CA, Mark's creation is a reality with full scale production under way. Amps are in stock and can be purchased.
http://www.cameronamplifiers.com/

audiomidijace said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

Mark has certainly had issues with trying to keep up with demand in the past, however those days are gone. In association with Brad King of www.rig-talk.com and Rob Navarrette and Dave Friedman of Tone Merchants/Rack Systems in North Hollywood, CA, Mark's creation is a reality with full scale production under way. Amps are in stock and can be purchased.
http://www.cameronamplifiers.com/

Amps are not IN STOCK. Amps are built by order only at the moment and are shipped as they are finished. I waited a long time for my CCV and my Atomica is on a FedEx truck. The production issue should be resolved in the next month though and amp lead times will be much shorter. He's had issues in the past, but this was due to unforeseen circumstances regarding Mark walking away. I believe he has solved this and production should be much more reliable in the future, without Mark.

rhequiem said:
I know, I keep checking Salvation's Facebook page hoping to see a "Camerock and Rhoadie module heading to California" post :lol: That clip is really making the wait tougher

ditto

the wait sucks but in a few weeks I think anthony is gonna make us
camerock owners extremely happy
(providing there isn't a "platinum edition" :evil: )

Judging by the talk over at Rigtalk , it would appear as if Mark has walked away and the Atomica is probably the only amp you can order and expect to receive. That is because he provided them with the schematic and they ran with the rest. The CCV seems to be be all end all because Mark apparently mods each one based on how the finished amp sounds. All trannies no matter how seemingly equal, can be diff. He listens to the final product and mods as required to achieve the tone he hears in his head. There is no way he could have met the demand building in this fashion. (or so that is the assumption) So yes, Atomica amps are shipping but the CCV is a diff beast altogether. Again this is just info I was receive so like anything else, the truth probably resides somewhere in the middle.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Judging by the talk over at Rigtalk , it would appear as if Mark has walked away and the Atomica is probably the only amp you can order and expect to receive. That is because he provided them with the schematic and they ran with the rest. The CCV seems to be be all end all because Mark apparently mods each one based on how the finished amp sounds. All trannies no matter how seemingly equal, can be diff. He listens to the final product and mods as required to achieve the tone he hears in his head. There is no way he could have met the demand building in this fashion. (or so that is the assumption) So yes, Atomica amps are shipping but the CCV is a diff beast altogether. Again this is just info I was receive so like anything else, the truth probably resides somewhere in the middle.

1. the atomica is Mark's HG/LG Jose Mod

2. if you knew where to look Mark basically posted his HG/LG jose
mod in a forum around 2004 - plus he offered a LOT of tips to people on several forums over the years - too bad pychodave of rigtalk had his
entire history removed (by his request) - he was very tight w/ Mark
and pychodave shared some of the tips Mark gave him - it was some
interesting stuff.

3.IMHO Mark is an "Artist" (and guitar played at heart) not a business man

4. Brad King is a business man he purchased the rights to all Marks
mods (HG/LG Jose - Ocean - CCV - CCM etc)

I can remember reading thread back on ampage (1999) btw him and trace
from voodoo talking about amp mods before they came out with their own designs.

Mark was a cool guy back then (and probably still is) he just got in way
over his head trying to mass produce his mods for people.

more than once I suggested to Mark back when he was on RigTalk that he go into business with George of Metro Amps and go figure guess who's
making his amps today :shock: ?

A little side note: I just asked Anthony to build one for me! :D That clip rocked.

Don't worry, mine will go in the queue like everybody elses ;) Hell .. even further back haha

fuzzboat said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

1. the atomica is Mark's HG/LG Jose Mod

So, what kind of mod is the CCV? Is the salvation version just an improved upon Jose mod?

Kapo_Polenton said:

This is not entirely accurate.

The CCV is a normal production amplifier currently produced in limited runs via pre-order. The 2nd run is due shipping this month. After which lead times will be cut down to a few weeks as plans are to stock the CCVs. Per Brad one of the Cameron owners. This has been posted many times in the Cameron sub-forum on R-T.

The (edit) "Old *****", the Aldrich mod has been announced just about 2 week ago via Rob from tone merchants another owner in the same sub-forum. That would put the line at 3 guitar amplifier heads.

A Cameron attenuator is advertised/scheduled to be release in May. A Mini CCV has also been leaked and does exist. This mini CCV can be seen and heard from the 2012 LA Amp show videos they have posted.

The company is certinally moving forward with its new owners and without Mark. Who was never involved with the actual production of the latest version of the CCV that the new partners pushed to fruition.

The New production CCVs that were made available by the new owners. Cameron Amplification delivered 25 new production CCVs Sept/Oct 2011. Thus completing the first run order of the CCV model. Then they opened up orders for a 2nd run in Oct 2011, which are scheduled to ship this month to their respective owners.

Shortly after the design and completion of the prototypes for the Atomica and Old ***** designs Mark seperated himself from the owners who had previously purchased the Name and rights to Marks amplifier designs. Mark was merely hired as a consultant to design the prototypes for the production models.

He was never "IN" to be "Out", MoJo....LOL He has no stake in the new Cameron Amplification Company. He was just a hired design consultant.

The new owners are doing a little more than taking a design schematic and running with it. The designs have been completed, by the amplifier designer and are built via a manufacturer here in the U.S.A.

This can all be read over on Rig-Talk. Its not new information. Take an hour to give it a comprehensive read.

The company is certinally moving forward with its new owners and without Mark. Who was never involved with the actual production of the latest version of the CCV that the new partners pushed to fruition.

Good thorough overview thanks for posting. One thing though, is it really a Cameron if the man himself is not there to tweak each one as he used to in the past? Some folks won't think so. Also, would he have sold the rights for cash and then taken a hike? If he did, would he have given them everything? Again who knows and there will always be those that speculate. The thing that surprises me the most is that he essentially walked away from his own brand name "cameron".... that's gotta suck!

Kapo_Polenton said:

Good thorough overview thanks for posting. One thing though, is it really a Cameron if the man himself is not there to tweak each one as he used to in the past? Some folks won't think so. Also, would he have sold the rights for cash and then taken a hike? If he did, would he have given them everything? Again who knows and there will always be those that speculate. The thing that surprises me the most is that he essentially walked away from his own brand name "cameron".... that's gotta suck!

No speculation...its widely known he sold the rights to his Cameron amp line to the Tone Merchant guys. Not everyone with talent can run a business so this is probably for the best.

One thing with Mark tweaking pre-production models of the CCV is that there was no consistancy from one amp to the next. No 2 are entirely the same.

Consistency from one amp to the next was a point for these guys from the get go.

bhuard75 said:
I have a production, first run CCV which was indeed touched and tweaked by Mark.
Kapo_Polenton said:
The thing that surprises me the most is that he essentially walked away from his own brand name "cameron".... that's gotta suck!
This would not surprise you if you knew Mark.