Salvation Camerock (Cameron CCV)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Drew, i agree with you having a first run was handled by Mark. The 1st run designed was tweaked and those updates inherited by the second run prior to the 1st run shipping. Yours got signed too by the designer I believe!

I have not read anywhere Mark was in each prod ccv with a soldering iron modifing the amps design component compliment individualizing the new CCVs making each one unique. I dont know, I wasnt there. But if this was the case, shoot me a pm, id love to chat about it!

bhuard75 said:
Hey Drew, i agree with you having a first run was handled by Mark. The 1st run designed was tweaked and those updates inherited by the second run prior to the 1st run shipping. Yours got signed too by the designer I believe!
Yes, my chassis was signed by Mark.

bhuard75 said:
I have not read anywhere Mark was in each prod ccv with a soldering iron modifing the amps design component compliment individualizing the new CCVs making each one unique. I dont know, I wasnt there. But if this was the case, shoot me a pm, id love to chat about it!
This I'm not 100% sure of, but was told by two fairly reliable sources that each first run CCV had Mark's iron in them (which slowed shipping the amps down greatly). From now on, this will not be the case, for better or worse (I'm not here to judge). If we are going to discuss further, I would prefer PMs. All Mark Cameron talk does is create a ****-storm and I've managed to keep myself out of any of it. :wink: Unlike others, I only speak of facts about the amps that I know about. I do not, and will not, speak of Mark Cameron the person (I do not know him personally), money/amps Mark owes people, etc.

The white 1/2 stack behind Mark is the one I own. Not that anyone does or should care. :D But the guy sure can play...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxWWls6o7jQ

speed2dirt said:
drewiv said:
I have a production, first run CCV which was indeed touched and tweaked by Mark.

So are we going to see a CCV vs Camerock clip when the Camerocks start shipping? :D

Anthony is currently working on developing a dual channel Camerock in his head. He has been keeping me updated about his branstorming, so it's always a possibility. :wink:

Very Happy But the guy sure can play...

Holy **** can he ever.. those cabs sound great too. What is the story there dimension wise and speaker wise? Nice tight focused sound.

I guess what I am getting from a few people's posts here is that Cameron A. works VERY slow, B. doesn't really feel rushed to complete anything, C. will not say no to $$ even if he knows he can't deliver D. is a HORRIBLE businessman and really could give a **** about the business side of things. Prob a good thing the guys at tone merchants bought the rights to his amps, design and name and now it makes sense why they didn't change the name. I'm cool with it.

Kapo_Polenton said:
:D But the guy sure can play...

Holy s*&t can he ever.. those cabs sound great too. What is the story there dimension wise and speaker wise? Nice tight focused sound.

It is a great cab for that head and a couple other amps I have. Not the best cab I own for the modular stuff, but in a pinch would certainly work well enough. The speakers are Celestion G12H 30's wired at 16 ohms. I threw a tape measure up and it's 29-1/2 x 29-1/2 x 14.

Funny you should mention it isn't the best cab for the modular stuff... not that i have a great cab (avatar 4 x 12 - greenies and superV mix) but i find with certain modules it sounds good, others... not so much. For example, my hilligan and modded brahma sound really good, the Judge well.... not so much. I am currently considering a new 2 x 12 though so getting some ideas. Those rectifier cabs come recommended but **** they look tiny in person. G12H30's are great for cleans and tight mids and bass but I had to sell the reissues I had because they were freakin bright and piercing in the highs. Maybe i should consider a WGS to pair with my Weber M75 clone.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Funny you should mention it isn't the best cab for the modular stuff... not that i have a great cab (avatar 4 x 12 - greenies and superV mix) but i find with certain modules it sounds good, others... not so much. For example, my hilligan and modded brahma sound really good, the Judge well.... not so much. I am currently considering a new 2 x 12 though so getting some ideas. Those rectifier cabs come recommended but **** they look tiny in person. G12H30's are great for cleans and tight mids and bass but I had to sell the reissues I had because they were freakin bright and piercing in the highs. Maybe i should consider a WGS to pair with my Weber M75 clone.

I love the MTS stuff through my Mesa rec cab with V30's. It's a tiny cab and inexpensive speakers, but it sounds **** nice.

Kapo_Polenton said:
How big does that cab sound and how tight or focused is it?

I wouldn't say it sounds big, but it more than makes up for it in punch. It's pretty tight and focused as well. Certainly not flubby. It's better than most over sized 2x12 cabs I have played through. I just have the stock V30s in it, sounds great IMO.

I have a real deal Cameron pre CCV (Sovtek MIG modded with an early OCEAN mod).
It sounds incredible in person and I have a real hard time capturing it when recording. The sound clip is in the ballpark but you have to hear it in person to appreciate it. Similar IMO to the Splawn but even more aggressive with a different set of Mids. If a great Marshall had the Mesa Eq/Tone stack and silly amount of gain along with the Bogner low end thump I think you would be close to what this amp can do.

I just saw that Anthony is sending out a Camerock to someone in Colorado! Anyone here fit that bill? We are expecting a full report and a clip! :wink:

scary groove said:
I just saw that Anthony is sending out a Camerock to someone in Colorado! Anyone here fit that bill? We are expecting a full report and a clip! :wink:
I know who it is... I know who it is... :lol:

scary groove said:

Still waiting in California ;-)

Yeah, me too... I ordered the first Rhoadie, too, so Mr Colorado gets his first because he's Daddy Warbucks, ordering FIVE modules at once (so jealous!!) :lol:

I know who is getting the Camerock here in CO and glad I'm close to them to hold me over till my order with Anthony is done :)

so this dude in CO is he a forum member ?

does he have (or had a cameron) and will he be sharing
his thoughts/clips ?

JKD said:
scary groove said:

Still waiting in California ;-)

Ditto here in OH - put in my order feb 29th

fuzzboat said:

his thoughts/clips ?

yes, indeed. Not sure about the clips...

drewiv said:
fuzzboat said:

his thoughts/clips ?

yes, indeed. Not sure about the clips...

sweet :lol: - can't wait to hear what he thinks about it

and if it captues that unmistakable CCV grind :shock: