Salvation Camerock (Cameron CCV)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rhequiem said:
I wonder why you got yours so much quicker??

Don't wonder, you'll drive yourself nuts. Anthony once shipped modules out the same day to me and another guy in downstate IL. Thinking I'm in Chicago, I'd get mine first. Oh boy, was I wrong. Mine came two weeks later, I hope I just didn't *rain* on your parade.

Thanks, Drew 8) I just checked the tracking again, and at least they are stateside, and appear to have cleared customs. If I'm lucky, they'll get here in time for the weekend. Crazy how shipping works!

JKD said:
MUhahahahhaa!

Camerrock.jpg

I can't believe all those switches have *three* positions....going to drive my OCD nuts! :lol:
Sweet!!! One of the last Salvos before the era of the "black goop".

JKD said:
rhequiem said:
You got yours already?!?! I just czech'd (get it?!), and mine is still showing in New York! Bummer! If you got yours, how does it sound?!

Too! Many Switches! :shock:

LOL....so far I've been able to dial in simple Plexi gain, over-the-top plays itself lead guitar and some very excellent 80s rhythm tones....finding the sweet spots in each mode could take some time.

Going to have to got a rundown of what each switch does at some point but just fiddling with it's pretty obvious...the gain style has the most dramatic effect on both volume/tone though....has two quieter, more compressed modes and one super open sounding mode.

how does the "tone" compare to a cameron CCV or HG/LG Jose

can it do those same chewy (almost wha wha-like) mids ?

I've been listening to the camerock clip and comparing it to all the CCV/HG/LG Jose clips I have and IMO the camerock sounds like

40% cameron and 60% salvation, if you know what I mean

would that be a good assessment ?

fuzzboat said:
JKD said:
rhequiem said:
You got yours already?!?! I just czech'd (get it?!), and mine is still showing in New York! Bummer! If you got yours, how does it sound?!

LOL....so far I've been able to dial in simple Plexi gain, over-the-top plays itself lead guitar and some very excellent 80s rhythm tones....finding the sweet spots in each mode could take some time.

Going to have to got a rundown of what each switch does at some point but just fiddling with it's pretty obvious...the gain style has the most dramatic effect on both volume/tone though....has two quieter, more compressed modes and one super open sounding mode.

I've been listening to the camerock clip and comparing it to all the CCV/HG/LG Jose clips I have and IMO the camerock sounds like

I've never owned a Cameron mod or CCV but I'd certainly put it closer than 40%...I got way more dialing to do with the various switches...the combination of bright switches has a pronounced effect on gain character, not to mention 3 settings of drive and two gain dials.

When you sat 'wha' like mids do you mean a vocal quality or wah-wah like?

There's something pronounced in the mids that I generally associate with the 80s style tones I usually hear the CCV doing in clips but I'm used to hearing Bognor mids described as chewy because of the low-mid grind/crunch 'grunch' that is a little bit percussive.

JKD said:
fuzzboat said:
JKD said:
rhequiem said:

I've never owned a Cameron mod or CCV but I'd certainly put it closer than 40%...I got way more dialing to do with the various switches...the combination of bright switches has a pronounced effect on gain character, not to mention 3 settings of drive and two gain dials.

When you sat 'wha' like mids do you mean a vocal quality or wah-wah like?

Like this - mark day when hes doing those 1st position bends on the low E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqHHUpmGptA

thats the "chewy-ness" I'm refering too

BTW - I'm not asking to just for the sake of asking (I've just about talked myself out of a camerock and getting an Atomica instead )

its driving me crazy :?

I can totally understand where you are coming from...the CCV is my grail amp after hearing the demo way back when from NAMM but there's no way I'm dropping $3.5k on one :)

Even the Egnater rig + Camerock I have now didn't cost 1/2 of that.

Mark is a *killer* player, not sure I can even manage to get the attack and cleanliness he has picking the low E like that.....

Mids definitely has an 'awwwww' to it in that video.

You guys are all jerks! I own a CCV and I know all this talk is going to get me to buy one of these. :lol: Anthony even told me he has the dualie worked out in his mind. I hate you guys. :wink:

drewiv said:
You guys are all jerks! I own a CCV and I know all this talk is going to get me to buy one of these. :lol: Anthony even told me he has the dualie worked out in his mind. I hate you guys. :wink:

The first thing I thought of was....I wonder if Anthony could do a dual version of this....would be so cool :)

JKD said:
I can totally understand where you are coming from...the CCV is my grail amp after hearing the demo way back when from NAMM but there's no way I'm dropping $3.5k on one :)

Even the Egnater rig + Camerock I have now didn't cost 1/2 of that.

Mark is a *killer* player, not sure I can even manage to get the attack and cleanliness he has picking the low E like that.....

Mids definitely has an 'awwwww' to it in that video.

Thanx JKD ~ I appreciate it

Its 2012 and the world might end (and I'll never get Jaime Pressly)

but I can get "that" tone so.....

I'm sending Brad a down payment on an Atomica - hopefully anthony
will understand and refund my deposit $ 8)

'course one thing I hadn't considered....I bet this Camerock module has a good bit more oomph in a 100W head (only 50s here)

I really wish I could play like Mark Day though, he makes everything sound like him i.e. great tone! :)

JKD said:
'course one thing I hadn't considered....I bet this Camerock module has a good bit more oomph in a 100W head (only 50s here)

I really wish I could play like Mark Day though, he makes everything sound like him i.e. great tone! :)

the deciding moment for me was Zachmans Atomica 2012 youtube
vid

the tones Mark & Zach were getting - I was 100% hooked (if the atomica was a drug, I'd be an addict !!)

I luv my MTS rig but IMHO nothing sounds like an atomica